Superhero recipes???

Options
If you read the Kind Diet, you know what I'm talking about. If not, the super hero diet is vegan and macrobiotic.

I'm commiting to this way of eating due to mine and my daughters food allergies. Its seems the most logical way to go. I'm looking for recipes that are superhero friendly. Most of the recipes in the book are wheat free, but just a few are not. The only problem I've run into is I can't find some of the ingredients. I'm in Michigan, so eating alot of sea veggies is not very eco or budget friendly. And I can't find umbeoshi plums or vinegar anywhere....even at Whole Foods.

If you have a Superhero recipe to share, please do it here! And if you are follwing this plan, even just a little, please post here too

Replies

• electricgypsy
    electricgypsy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    is there an asian supermarket? you'd probably get dried seaweed and umboeshi plums there. dried seaweed is nicer than it sounds :)
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    There are many asian supermarkets around here. I was always leary of shopping in those places because...... Well, I don't know why....

I'll check it out this weekend, thanks!
  • gennyvieve
    Options
    i have to say that when i just say the title of this in my news feed i thought well that's easy---3 c. plutonium, a dash of uranium, 1/2c of meteor dust and a smattering of kickASS!
    hee!

but seriously, i am no help on this whatsoever, i'm just providing a little comedy.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    i have to say that when i just say the title of this in my news feed i thought well that's easy---3 c. plutonium, a dash of uranium, 1/2c of meteor dust and a smattering of kickASS!
    hee!

but seriously, i am no help on this whatsoever, i'm just providing a little comedy.

Good enough for me!:laugh:
    Thanks!