52 year old with over 50 lb's to lose

Options
People out there on MFP It surprised me when I put my weight on this program a I put my weight on the ticker thing. Can you say holy heck, I was discusted to see that number . I also know this will not work if we just cut the calories and not do some sort of exercise. Why oh why do I stop doing my exercise and gain the fat back! Duh, now get up and move. Letter to me .
How many of you can relate to those high numbers and know we have to move and make a journal. Any other ideas would be appreciated

Replies

• PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi Dianne!

You are the first Dianne I have met that spells it like my sister, with 2 "N"s. :smile:

Anyway, I am reposting my one year anniversary note to give you the insight that will help you reach those goals you want.

One year ago today (4 January) I announced to my family that I was going to change. I was tired of being over-weight, tired of feeling awful, tired of looking awful ....tired of being tired. So, I changed, in oh so many ways!

January 4th 2010 I weighed 160 pounds. :noway: January 4th 2011 I weigh 120 pounds. :bigsmile:
    January 4th 2010 I wore a size 10/12. :embarassed: January 4th 2011 I wear a size 3/4 :bigsmile:
    January 4th 2010 my waist was 34.5 inches. :grumble: January 4th 2011 my waist size is 26 inches :bigsmile:
    January 4th 2010 I was taking 2 cholesterol medications and my cholesterol was still bad. :brokenheart:
    January 4th 2011 I am being weaned off the cholesterol medications. :heart:
    January 4th 2010 lost my breath when I climbed the stairs. :explode:
    January 4th 2011 I can run 3 consecutive 10.54 minute miles. :bigsmile:

As of December 31, 2011, I have ran a grand total of 556 miles. Burned 91,416 calories and 14439.6 carbohydrates.
    I accomplished this in a grand total of 148 hours of working out.
    I am 51 years young. If I can do this, ANYONE can do this!
    :bigsmile:
    I accomplished this because I changed.
    I really accomplished this because of the support I have gotten form the wonderful people I have met at MFP.
    Thank you friends...I could not have done it without you! :heart:

God bless
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    We can do this - just stay here and we can help each other!

Wow what an inspiration to post all those numbers from 2010 to 2011.
    You are one of my new found hero's *****
    I want to be able to do that to help inspire someone else next year...
    I am adding that to my to do list on 12-31-11 - to post my own success when this year is over right now :)
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi Dianne!

You are the first Dianne I have met that spells it like my sister, with 2 "N"s. :smile:

Anyway, I am reposting my one year anniversary note to give you the insight that will help you reach those goals you want.

One year ago today (4 January) I announced to my family that I was going to change. I was tired of being over-weight, tired of feeling awful, tired of looking awful ....tired of being tired. So, I changed, in oh so many ways!

January 4th 2010 I weighed 160 pounds. :noway: January 4th 2011 I weigh 120 pounds. :bigsmile:
    January 4th 2010 I wore a size 10/12. :embarassed: January 4th 2011 I wear a size 3/4 :bigsmile:
    January 4th 2010 my waist was 34.5 inches. :grumble: January 4th 2011 my waist size is 26 inches :bigsmile:
    January 4th 2010 I was taking 2 cholesterol medications and my cholesterol was still bad. :brokenheart:
    January 4th 2011 I am being weaned off the cholesterol medications. :heart:
    January 4th 2010 lost my breath when I climbed the stairs. :explode:
    January 4th 2011 I can run 3 consecutive 10.54 minute miles. :bigsmile:

As of December 31, 2011, I have ran a grand total of 556 miles. Burned 91,416 calories and 14439.6 carbohydrates.
    I accomplished this in a grand total of 148 hours of working out.
    I am 51 years young. If I can do this, ANYONE can do this!
    :bigsmile:
    I accomplished this because I changed.
    I really accomplished this because of the support I have gotten form the wonderful people I have met at MFP.
    Thank you friends...I could not have done it without you! :heart:

God bless

WOW! That's very inspirational! Awesome that you've kept detailed track of your progress, logging miles and calories burned.
  • pjpistek
    pjpistek Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Dianne,
    I'm 53 and have about as much to lose as you. I joined a fitness club and MFP and have gotten off to a good start. I really think this online tool and the support of fellows online is key. Just like anyone else I have up and down days and it seemed like it took so long to see any weight drop off. It takes one day at a time, and avoiding setbacks. But you can do it! I've found that an Ipod with music or watching tv on a treadmill monitor has really helped me stay on task. Exercise can be so boring if you let it. Remember how good you felt thinner, every pound you lose you'll will feel better and be healthier!
  • Denisejonel
    Denisejonel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dianne - I am your age and exactly the same when you started. Thank you for sharing....I am going to read it often.....
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like!