Craft Beer Lovers

Options
Any other craft beer lovers out there? I am a Hop Head and dark beer lover. Also brew my own beer.

Replies

• k4cara
    k4cara Posts: 2
    Options
    Another girl who brews??? I love it! I also brew and love hoppy and dark beers. In the keg now is a black IPA and my last creation was Chocolate Chipotle Stout. I just joined MFP this week and am bummed about how many calories good beer has. Oh well. Told my husband that I'll give up sugary treats but not my beer!
  • Bastiencade
    Options
    I LOVE BEER. I love Imperial Stouts above all others, but really enjoy black IPA's, Tripels and wheat beers.

I also can't stand how many calories are in the beer I enjoy. I think it's because the alcohol content of ones I enjoy tends to be above 7%, a four pack is 1200~ calories most of the time.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I don't brew my own because others have done and will continue doing a far superior job of it. I like so many types that it is hard to pick a favorite.

But if I had to, I'm particularly fond of the thick, dark Belgians. But I have to be careful because the alcohol content is pretty high in most of them.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I love Sam Adams - especially their Scotch Ale, Cream Stout, Chocolate Bock..
  • leejusd
    leejusd Posts: 81
    Options
    Darker and Hoppier the better.
    I've got two 5 gallon batches fermenting in the basement right now.
    Anything with Bud, Miller or Coors just makes me sick.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I'm into Waterloo Dark right now
    Can't go wrong with Mill St. Organic
    Steam Whistle (not a huge fan but it's local so i'll get it when it's on tap)

I'll try anything. Some friends and I like to have beer tasting parties and we just buy a ton of different craft beers we haven't tried.
  • twoday
    twoday Posts: 210
    Options
    I love Batch 19 very good beer
  • mswize
    mswize Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Love some serious IPAs
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    Sam Adams, Samual Smiths, Bells, Sierra Nevada......I puffy heart good beer. Cool that you brew your own. :)