protein gripe

Options
i recently changed my diet requirements on here because i thought i needed more protein and less carbs, but now i'm finding myself stuck---after adding in my daily exercise i am still short 140+ of protein(before my exercise i was just 2 shy for the day)----it's saying that i need over 340 for the day! isn't that a bit much? unless i'm straight up snackin on fish and PP shakes all day how the heck am i supposed to fit that all in?

i just needed to get that out.

Replies

• spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    Options
    Eggs, beef, fish and shelfish!
  • LaTerri
    LaTerri Posts: 42
    Options
    I think that 340 is too much for any human to consume. I doubt your body could use that much in a given day..anyway...

I think 6 meals at 25g each should be enough to put on muscle. I can't imagine eating more than that. I struggle some days to get that down. That is 3 meals and 3 shakes a day.

I think you should modify your protien amounts to be around 150 a day.
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    That seems an awful lot... 340g... That's around 1300 cals just from protein, not to mention everything else... I don't pay it much attention myself, but my protein target is 63 (on 1600-something cals)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've read multiple places that no one should have more than 30% of their diet in protein so mine is set at 30% and I usually hit that or am a little under... 30% puts me at 90g per day.
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    me too. 30% or 90 grams a day is plenty
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I recently heard something on a show about health-related issues that you shouldn't eat more than 60 grams of protein per day because the digestive process needed to handle more than that could lead to leeching calcium from your bones. I haven't done any research on it, but it is something to think about, assuming it is true. They didn't factor in the additional protein needs of someone in an intensive workout program.
  • gennyvieve
    Options
    thanks y'all!!! i knew that had to be insanely high.....i'll just aim for where it's set for a normal day before exercise---that is a much more attainable goal! :)