Breakfast is not an option.

Options

Replies

• Thank you so MUCH for being nice.
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I used to be like you. Looking back though, I have no idea how in the world I was able to function without having eaten something of substance! I am so hungry in the morning now, I can't imagine not eating within a half hour of waking up.

I'm not sure about advice-obviously you know what you are doing know is not doing you any good. I guess the best I can say is to have some sort of protein bars handy but honestly they are nowhere near as beneficial for you as a "real" breakfast.
  • deeann1459
    deeann1459 Posts: 116
    Options
    I work long days as well. Like on-the-clock for 14 hours at some times (not including commute, just working hours). Slimfast, fruit, oatmeal, nuts, yogurt, smoothies... the list can go on and on.

Tone doesn't come out over the internet, so please know that most these people mean well. I am a sarcastic person in real life, and I have learned that I can't make any of my normal comments here, because tone does not translate. We are all here together... I assure you.

Oooo, and if you have a lot of time issues, I totally reccomend V8... not as good as a real vegetable, but beats the hell out of a pepsi. the new Splash and Fusion varieties are pretty yummy.
  • ninaquelinda
    Options
    I also have hectic mornings and always eat breakfast on the run. I used to drink a slim fast in the car but this year my favorite breakfast seems to be a protein bar. Balance makes a cookie dough flavor that is awesome! takes care of my chocolate craving at the same time :) I also take a banana if I have them.
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is too time consuming for you, but I have found it helpful. I make pseudo egg mcmuffins in batches. I pour Egg Beaters into a muffin pan (about 3/4 full) and add a bit of salt and pepper on top. I bake them at 350 for about 10-15 minutes. I toss a 1/2 slice of cheese on while they're still hot (so that it will melt). Then I put it all on an English muffin. I cook/assemble them on a night or weekend when I'm not super busy. It makes a dozen, so I freeze the rest and just pop them in the micro when I'm ready to eat them.
  • gj7clur
    gj7clur Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey Heather,

I really love carnation instant breakfast shakes! They taste like chocolate and have tons of protein.

Here is a coupon:

http://carnationinstantbreakfastessentials.com/
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    People have mentioned SlimFast, but I have a better shake--more protein (30 grams, vs. the 10 that is in a SlimFast) and 1 gram of sugar, vs. 17 in Slimfast. The calories are 160 for my shake, vs. about 190 for SlimFast.

The shake I refer to is a Premier Protein Shake, available in an 18 ct box at Costco, for $23.49 in my area. One of these and a banana, or an apple, or something else with a little fiber in it, and you will be good to go. If you are prone to the hungries when you don't have enough fat in the morning, you could add a piece of string cheese or a laughing cow wedge.

If all else fails, the shake by itself is much better than not eating breakfast.

(BTW, I am sorry you took offense at what vinjama posted. It didn't come across to me as talking down to you. He was trying to inject a little humour into his message and even made reference to the fact that it was not posted in an offensive spirit. Sometimes it is hard to get the intended message in a post when you don't have the benefit of face to face communication.)

Good luck to you, and kudos:flowerforyou: for realizing that you need a new plan to fit breakfast into your life.
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Options
    In most of these replies, I've noticed lots of good advice of how to get something into your mouth (or purse :laugh: ) for breakfast, especially ziplock baggies, or getting up 10 mins earlier. Or possibly by planning your day more efficiently, so you make some time for breakfast?

But one thing that I would add from my own experience- TRY TO HAVE PROTEIN with your breakfast. A must! Don't just load on carbs (fruit, grains, cereal, etc.). These meals are not quite balanced and will make you hungry much sooner than if you had included protein too. You can have an apple and string cheese; or a yogurt (with no bad stuff in it!!!) and some cereal/granola.
  • PaleoIsPossible
    Options
    I think one of the best things for you to do is to grab a few hard boiled eggs on your way out the door. You can boil them yourself, or even buy them prepared at the grocery store. The protein will keep you satisfied for longer.

One of the worst things you can eat for breakfast is carbs. If you start out your day with carbs, your body will be craving them for the rest of the day.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Hi. *Waves* I only eat 2 times a day sometimes and I'm A-OK. Sometimes I'm just not hungry in the morning and that's how it is.

But I do usually recommend breakfast - it's a good start to the day. Quick meal ideas - hardboiled eggs, yogurt cups, small oatmeal cups, fruit, homemade breakfast burritos or crustless quiche cups, leftovers, tuna & crackers etc... Breakfast doesn't have to be standard breakfast foods :)
  • Thank you all. I have time at night to get the next morning breakfast ready, so all of ya'll comments really helped. I thinks its all so a great ideal about making it on the weekends. I never would of done that. Thnak you all again.:smile:
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I often make a big batch of oatmeal on the weekends and partition it up in one cup containers. It's quick at home or I can grab it and go. Sprinkle a few pecans on top and it fills me for quite some time. I use the old fashioned oats with added dices apples, brown sugar, and lots of cinnamon. My son often chooses the oatmeal when he doesn't like what's for dinner. I don't tell him how healthy it is.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    One should not automatically assume a cereal has low protein--depends on the cereal. When I have a little more time to eat, I use Kashi Go Lean Crunch or Kashi Go Lean High Protein, High Fiber. Both are excellent sources of protein and fiber, and can be combined with other foods, like yogurt, to increase the protein and the fiber in a meal--an excellent way to avoid the hungries for quite a while after breakfast.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    You can make an almond butter and jelly sandwich w/those Arnold's multigrain thin 'buns' that takes about 30 seconds and is around 300 calories--also has protein and fiber.

"I don't have time to make breakfast" is a BS excuse. Don't mean to be overly harsh, but people need to be honest with themselves. EVERYONE has time for breakfast--if you don't eat, it's your choice.
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I eat some type of breakfast bar....I usually keep one or two in my purse or bag and a piece of fruit. I personally like Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix--Fruit and Nut and Dark Chocolate and Nut. Can't get much easier than this!

That is what I do! I have them in my desk at work also! I try to eat at home but that way if I am running late there is always one in my car, desk, jacket, etc.!
  • vinjama
    vinjama Posts: 52
    Options
    I dont beleiev I have to tell you that breakfast is he most important meal of the day do I? Opps.. I just did! lol
    '
    Seriously, you need to eat, (you know that) Ya just woke up from a fast and it's time to break it and start your metabolism for the day!!

ok.. there are these things called Bananas that are pretty portable. Oh yea.. they make this stuff called yogurt and they put it in this little small portable cup that has its own seal. Speaking of seals.. ziplock baggies, they hold things in them, so like someone above mentioned ya can put cereal in them. A spoon full of peanut butter does wonders as well.

I know I'm being a smartass, hopefully its more funny then offensive. But just tryng to make a point, lol, which is..

DONT SKIP BREAKFAST!!! :)

I am not a retard I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I don’t like people judging me because they think I am stupid. I have not eaten breakfast regularly ever, even in high school when I was skinny. All I wanted was advice and I got some of that and I am really grateful for the nice people that are willing to help me. But I don’t need people talking to me like I am 2 years old. I just don’t understand why people have to be so rude. They make fun of you when you are fat but when you want help to shape up and get healthy they just want to be *kitten*. I know I shouldn’t let people get to me but it’s hard when they do it so publicly. I mean really fight the urge to be rude and hold back your rude comments.

ooops, sorry. I did not mean for you to take my advice as condescending. :smile: I was trying to be helpful and thought I was. I have no reason at all to judge or talk down to someone who is trying to do the exact same thing as I am (lose weight, live and eat healthy) especially on a public forum.
  • alisaperry74
    Options
    I don't think you sounded rude at all, but I'm sure it's easy for words or tone to be misinterpreted in such a forum. Sometimes we all need reminding that it really doesn't take much time or effort to make the right choices when you think about it.
    I dont beleiev I have to tell you that breakfast is he most important meal of the day do I? Opps.. I just did! lol
    '
    Seriously, you need to eat, (you know that) Ya just woke up from a fast and it's time to break it and start your metabolism for the day!!

ok.. there are these things called Bananas that are pretty portable. Oh yea.. they make this stuff called yogurt and they put it in this little small portable cup that has its own seal. Speaking of seals.. ziplock baggies, they hold things in them, so like someone above mentioned ya can put cereal in them. A spoon full of peanut butter does wonders as well.

I know I'm being a smartass, hopefully its more funny then offensive. But just tryng to make a point, lol, which is..

I am not a retard I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I don’t like people judging me because they think I am stupid. I have not eaten breakfast regularly ever, even in high school when I was skinny. All I wanted was advice and I got some of that and I am really grateful for the nice people that are willing to help me. But I don’t need people talking to me like I am 2 years old. I just don’t understand why people have to be so rude. They make fun of you when you are fat but when you want help to shape up and get healthy they just want to be *kitten*. I know I shouldn’t let people get to me but it’s hard when they do it so publicly. I mean really fight the urge to be rude and hold back your rude comments.

ooops, sorry. I did not mean for you to take my advice as condescending. :smile: I was trying to be helpful and thought I was. I have no reason at all to judge or talk down to someone who is trying to do the exact same thing as I am (lose weight, live and eat healthy) especially on a public forum.
  • I dont beleiev I have to tell you that breakfast is he most important meal of the day do I? Opps.. I just did! lol
    '

it's fine dont worry about it.
  • I dont beleiev I have to tell you that breakfast is he most important meal of the day do I? Opps.. I just did! lol
    '

Really don’t worry about it. It is fine. I was just mad because no one understood what I was saying. I didn’t say that I never eat breakfast. I said I really don’t ever eat breakfast. I do but not every single day like I should. I know people think that it is easy to just eat healthy but for me it’s not. I have never eaten healthy. My version of healthy is not the right way of healthy. That’s why I just wanted advice on things that I can grab and go or make the night before. I know that most people say eat a bowl of cereal it only takes 10 minutes and if I got up early maybe I could. But I don’t go to bed until, between 11 - 1. Then I have to get up at 6. I am already pushed to my limits during the week. I know I should get more sleep and about one week day I get 8 hours. On the weekends I do have time to eat breakfast but I wanted ideals on healthy things. Sorry if I jumped down your throat.
  • pelelovesme1011
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast person either and most mornings I'm just not hungry until nearly lunchtime. What I like to grab is a Cliff Bar. They are super yummy and come in all kinds of flavors PLUS they are stuffed with fiber and protein (and made with natural products). We buy them by the box from Amazon because we go through so many but they are typically sold in grocery stores for about $1.00-$1.20 per bar.