Trying to Find motivation to workout!!!

Options
I just got home from work. I don't feel like working out, but I know I have to. I have a 5k race coming up soon and I want to do good, but it's one of those days that I really don't feel like doing anything. Help!!!

Replies

• mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    pump up the music and go :) Youll feel better after you do it :)
  • newbierun14
    newbierun14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm also training for a 5k and had the same problem about a half an hour ago, but i just put my running shoes on and it was like i have to do it. So just go grab your shoes and put them on, once they are on you won't be able to take them off!

You can do it! Just remember how great it feels after you've finished!!! :-D
  • msonia11
    msonia11 Posts: 38
    Options
    They say the hardest part of working out is getting motivated.
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself you only have to do five to ten minutes of your usual routine. Most likely, once you get started you'll just continue on and do the entire thing. :) Good luck!
  • msonia11
    Options
    Thanx everyone for the help. I went out for my workout and actually did 1 hour (jogging, walking). I am happy that I got it done. Sometimes it gets a little difficult to get motivated, but with the help of you guys--I always make it!!!
  • galveston
    Options
    Got any suggestions for me? I know what I need to do I just procrastinate or wait until something else happens that will prevent me from exercising or working out--What is wrong with me??? Galveston:wink:
  • msonia11
    Options
    Galveston, working out is all about getting up and doing it. Sometimes, I feel depress, or I just don't want to do anything and it's difficult to just get up and go. Last year I did the Baltimore Marathon which help me stay focus. I knew I had to train in order to make it through the entire 26.2 miles.

My suggestion is to write to MFP for support like I do.
  • evaeva28
    evaeva28 Posts: 23
    Options
    Galveston- What has worked for me is exercise first thing in the morning. I have been getting up at 4:45 in the mornings to get my exercising in because I KNOW something will come up and it just works best for me! I have 7 kids at home and work full time. Oh it's HARD most days but I promise that once you get into a routine you will actually miss it :o)
  • galveston
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I feel bad when I hear that you have 7 kids at home and you work fulltime? I work full time and only have two kids only one of which is at home. I did weigh 270 lbs and have lost down to 193lbs. I did it by diet and exercise. I think alot of times it is in my head (what keeps me from exercising) I will be all set to go and then get talked out of it or feel depressed or what 's the use etc my husband is overweight and is not supportive of my weightloss efforts he barely acknowledged my weightloss (previously) every one else did (friends etc) I think this is what brings me down....:smile: