running shoes

now that i have a new found love for running..just finished week 9 day 1 of c210k and have my first public run saturday..with the iceman 2 miler....i need new running shoes...any suggestions?

Replies

• tanetti
    tanetti Posts: 38 Member
    Go to a running store and get their help--don't be shy. Your shoes are your most important investment in running. Keep doing this until you find ones you like, then buy them online more cheaply.
  • Samantha44145
    Samantha44145 Posts: 66 Member
    tanetti is completely right!

Different shoes are made for different foot types...neutral, over-protonators and under-protonators.You want to make sure that you get a shoe that is made for the way that you walk/run. Running stores specialize in making sure that runners wear the right ones.
  • joepoke
    joepoke Posts: 18 Member
    Go to a running store and get fitted. Best thing I ever done.
  • Congratulations on your new found love for running. Go to a true running store. Have a gait analysis done and get fitted for the proper shoe for you. You may have to go through a few pair to find the ones that really work for you. Incorrect shoes can cause so many issues. Proper shoes are the foundation for healthy running.

Good luck!
  • ropermom
    ropermom Posts: 52 Member
    The specialty running shoe store near me, Fleet Feet, guarantees their shoes. They will take them back for a full refund and fit you with another pair if the ones they say will work for you do not work out. This is a plus for buying at the store rather than online.
    You might check the stores near you. Also a good place to get to know other runners in your area!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Go to a running store and get fitted. Best thing I ever done.

^^^^^ This! :)
  • mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    The specialty running shoe store near me, Fleet Feet, guarantees their shoes. They will take them back for a full refund and fit you with another pair if the ones they say will work for you do not work out. This is a plus for buying at the store rather than online.
    You might check the stores near you. Also a good place to get to know other runners in your area!

thanks everyone..i did find a fleet feet...going there tommorrow...:)