bad days

Options
I am having a hard couple days...I am going through a med change and my head hurts so bad all I wanna do is eat and sleep today. If theres anyone who has or knows about these issues and wants to talk or advize please message or friend invite me. I just worry about this affecting my progress. I feel like crap today.

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? Most of my "bad days" or days where I feel like poop (yes I said poop) are because I didn't eat very well the day before. I have been really trying to stay on top of my calorie goal and being sure I get in enough nutrients.
  • amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? Most of my "bad days" or days where I feel like poop (yes I said poop) are because I didn't eat very well the day before. I have been really trying to stay on top of my calorie goal and being sure I get in enough nutrients.
    I have been eating to much when I feel this way. I let myself eat bad yesterday and seem to have continued the trend today. It seems like I want to sleep so my head stops killing me but if I'm up and awake I just wanna eat...and I keep thinking coffee and caffeine soon might help..lol...but I doubt it...Its pain caused from weining of of a medicine that affects my brain...but the med was killing me. So now Im quiting it but had a horrible night last night...sweat so bad and felt so sick...just sucks and I did so good all week that I feel discouraged like this might make me fail..and how long will it last...how to push through a vise grip migraine and mind waves. I'm sure not eating well isn't helping...I don't know why I turn to food when I am in pain
  • wmbs109
    Options
    I used to suffer from horrible migraines that would last for 3 days. You want to eat because you're hoping that in some small way for just a few seconds the food will take your mind off the pain. A couple of suggestions: try music. Find a comfortable place to relax and listen to music you enjoy. The other would be to get out of the house or apartment if you have someone there who can take you. Walk outside or in a mall if the weather is bad. Light exercise may help the pain and being out will get your mind off food for a while. Hope you feel better soon.
  • amberpitz
    Options
    I used to suffer from horrible migraines that would last for 3 days. You want to eat because you're hoping that in some small way for just a few seconds the food will take your mind off the pain. A couple of suggestions: try music. Find a comfortable place to relax and listen to music you enjoy. The other would be to get out of the house or apartment if you have someone there who can take you. Walk outside or in a mall if the weather is bad. Light exercise may help the pain and being out will get your mind off food for a while. Hope you feel better soon.
    Thank you for the advise..I'm trying the music now...trying this chat on the computer but the screen is killing my head so might have to get off soon. I agree you might be right with the reason for more food craving. Thanks
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A couple bad days may slow your progress down for the week, but keep at it and don't let them bother you. Once you get used to the new meds, you can get back on track.
  • amberpitz
    Options
    A couple bad days may slow your progress down for the week, but keep at it and don't let them bother you. Once you get used to the new meds, you can get back on track.
    Great job on your weight loss! I am quitting a med and its cold turkey (no new med to replace) so thats why I am worried about how long the feeling will last...its new to me. I hope its just a couple days.
  • jesslmassey
    Options
    Hey girl- hang in there. I get migraines a couple times a month and have to go to bed. No light no noise. I hate them. I also up my sugar intake when they start because I get headaches when it gets to low too. That just messes with everything. Just do it one day at a time & so what if you went over your calorie count today- you feel like crud! Just get back on tomorrow or when you feel better. :-)
  • amberpitz
    Options
    Hey girl- hang in there. I get migraines a couple times a month and have to go to bed. No light no noise. I hate them. I also up my sugar intake when they start because I get headaches when it gets to low too. That just messes with everything. Just do it one day at a time & so what if you went over your calorie count today- you feel like crud! Just get back on tomorrow or when you feel better. :-)
    Thanks!
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I also suffer from migraines..well I now take Topamax twice a day for them so they aren't frequent.....but I do know your instinct may be to run to caffeine but it could actually make the migraine worse! I would stick to your normal caffeine intake. Also I would a heating pad, or a warm towel and put it at the base of your neck, lay in the dark, and I agree listening to music it helps you relax. I know its tough coming off of meds! I take a lot of them for bipolar disorder and several other conditions. Friend if you would like someone to talk to!