ready to make changes!

Options
I hear all the time from my friends about how they used to be skinny... but I've never been skinny. I carry my weight well so many people don't realize my struggles. I have an eating problem called "stress eating." I eat when I'm upset or sad...which is all the time. I enrolled in a Latin dance class, so for 2 hours a week I'll be burning calories for a college credit. I'd like to have people be supportive. Most of those I know just say "Oh you look just fine" and then start talking about their skinny days. Well, I've never had a skinny day :(

My doctor instructed me to lose weight and to start dieting and exercise. I weigh 162 lb. and I just want to feel good. I don't wanna feel out of breath after climbing a flight of stairs anymore....

Replies

• Dottydotdot
    Options
    Welcome! The support you get on this site is amazing. Good luck.
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    Add me honey and yes this site will help you. Support is my main goal on here! I used to eat when I was upset now I fight the opposite. I know I say it a lot but you are never alone!!
  • lilyeve503
    Options
    Thank you so much! I can tell this is already different than the other sites I've been on- actual responses lol Support is something I definitely need :(
  • lilyeve503
    Options
    Thank you so much Kris, it gets harder and harder each year but I've decided this year WILL be different!
  • Dottydotdot
    Options
    Yes, it will be different this year. Go you! :)
  • FancyFree62
    Options
    Feel free to add on to your friends list. I imagine I will be here for a while and would love to encourage you along.
  • CatWester
    CatWester Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I tend to stuff myself when I am upset. This site helps me keep myself in check and it is teaching me to plan what to eat better. :)
  • 0202Jeter
    0202Jeter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel i am 5'7 and 163 and trying to hopefully get to 135 and all i hear from people is "you look fine" or "you hold your weight fine, you dont need to loose" this coming from my sister who is same height and 115 and trying to lose weight, so i def know how much of a pain that can be, and i really know about stress eating, my vice is cereal.. i used to eat 3 plus bowls before bed haha..but for you the salsa will def help i just took up kickboxing, i find doing anything exciting like dancing or kickboxing is easy fun cardio instead of sitting on a treadmill. No one knows your body like you do, and if you want to tone up, or slim down, beacuse you want to, to make yourself feel better , then i say do it, and use those comments to continue to propel you to do more or to say no to the stress eating, thats what i do. So keep up the good work you will do great!!
  • kapoorpk
    kapoorpk Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You just need a plan and the will to stick to it. Simply put, you can eat what ever you like, if you follow a few simple rules, victory shall be yours in improved health and fitness: 1) limit carbs to 45 gms for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Include about 20 gms of protien and ensure that you eat 15-20 carbs in a snack 2-3 hours apart from your major meals. This will never make you excessively hungry during any one meal and let you get healthier. If you can add 30 minutes of elliptical 5 days per week, you will see a ton of improvements.

Starting out is the hardest part. Go for it and you will get there!

All the best.
  • kaeganc
    kaeganc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is my sister is 2" taller and has always been thinner then me as well. I also carry the weight well all 195 lbs on my 5'8 frame. (the curves help hahahaha). But its always been a struggle. Especially with a taller, model-thin sibling its easy to feel like the ugly d.uckling. I feel your pain. However, know that you can do it! And do it well! It's all about you, and what's best for your body. =)
  • Bracciano
    Bracciano Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Surround yourself with good people...there are plenty on here :)