im in need of crockpot recipes ( Healthy)

Options
fitmommy2013
fitmommy2013 Posts: 30 Member
i am looking for crock pot recipes to make my mom is on weight watchers and im using MFP so yummy but healthy and gluten free since she is allergic to gluten

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts with salsa, cook on low all day. Then add a can of black beans and corn. You can serve over rice, salad or in tortillas
  • carmelvalleyite
    Options
    I use my crockpot several times a week. Today I cut a pear in half, put it with a few tablespoons of water along with a bit of
    cinnamon, and had a delicious healthy dessert. You can top it off with a bit of Greek yogurt if you like that. I do the same
    with apples. I make applesauce at least once a week. After the apples are cooked, I put them in my Vitamix or blender
    and have a nutritious snack.

Another quick one is skinless boneless chicken breast, some baby carrots, celery, garlic and onions with chicken broth of your
    choice. Season with parsley, sage, pepper, thyme and cook. If you like your soup with a starch, you can cook rice or a pasta
    of choice. I like to add cooked angel hair in mine so it's like a chicken noodle soup. This is low cal, healthy, very
    satisfying and it's easy and quick. I even feed it to my dog and she loves it and gets some veggies into her diet. If you like
    beans, you can add some canned ones that you like.
  • carmelvalleyite
    Options
    Sounds wonderful, mbcarreno08. I'm going to give your recipe a try.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    There's a huge thread of crock pot recipes here if you'd like to browse through: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/834863-crock-pot-tips-and-recipes
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful, mbcarreno08. I'm going to give your recipe a try.

It's so easy! I have also used it to make a casserole where I added cream of chicken soup, shredded tortillas, black olives and cheese
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Taste of Homes has a low-calorie crockpot cookbook out right now. I got mine at the grocery, and a lot of the stuff in there can be tweaked to work with gluten free stuff.
  • tiffi47
    Options
    Go to spark people recipes. They have tons of healthy recipes
  • fitmommy2013
    fitmommy2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thankyou all.
    i hated sparkpeoples recipes....i used spark people before i came here.
  • 89sassy
    89sassy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jeawashko
    Options
    check out skinnytaste and emilybites... you may have to modify some for GF but they're both great starting points
  • shells72280
    Options
    I just throw in some chicken breasts with Ken's Northern Italian salad dressing and cook on low all day. I then either have 'lettuce cups' of it with rommaine hearts, or in tortillas, or over brown rice... options are unlimited!

I love the crock pot, it takes away my excuse of 'i don't have enough time to prepare a home cooked meal at night'!