eight hour deit?

Options
Thoughts?

It seems kinda interesting but I still don't know what to think of it! I might be willing to try it 3/4 days a week while still eating good the rest of the days!

Yeah? or Nay?

Replies

• joshs7
    joshs7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think your talking about the book " the eight hour diet". It's really called 'Intermittent Fasting' and a lot of bodybuilders use this tool. There's plenty of information on the bodybuilding.com forum and, believe it or not, on youtube. Search the hodge twin's on youtube, but be warned, they can be vulgar at times but they have valuable information. It works for some, but not for others. I've used it in the past and broke right through a plateau I was dealing with and lost 10-15 lbs in a month. That is over the 2 lb recommendation a week but it worked well. There is also a lot of talk going around that it doesn't matter when you eat and a lot of people say the frequent meals throughout the day strategy is nonsense. I think it's up to you and your own body to determine what works best.
  • laurelobrien
    laurelobrien Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If the 8 hour diet is indeed intermittent fasting then it's a fine idea and suits many people's lifestyles. It's not really a weight loss diet, the idea is that is is ideal for making lean muscle gains. Some people finds the methods curbs bingeing and appetite though, and meal satisfaction when you get to eat a big dinner.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    It won't work if you eat too many cals during the down time days. You have to keep your overall cal intake sensible and do exercise.

Unfortunately, there is not an easy way to lose weight, you have to work at it through diet and exercise.
  • ARyding17
    ARyding17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ok thanks! I know that if I did it than I would still be staying within my calorie range for the day!