Has anyone seen the documentary fat head??

Options
...cuz it's totally making me rethink my life hahahaha

Replies

• veggiegirl113
    Options
    I don't know who to trust anymore -- I've been a vegetarian for 4 years thinking it's healthier and I've done nothing but gain weight...
  • hannahsageharrison
    Options
    Sometimes I feel bad for this, but when anyone tells me that being vegetarian/vegan is bad for you (Mr. Fat Head), I automatically think they're an idiot. I watched that whole show, yelling at him because of how ridiculous his "science" was. If you're not getting enough protein or whatever being vegetarian, it's because you're doing it wrong. Beans, nuts, WHOLE GRAIN has just as much protein per ounce as meat does, but none of the fat. Being a veggie is so healthy! SO SO HEALTHY! Probably something else is the problem. Watching your calorie intake is the only thing you have to be careful of. Sometimes I get thinking that I can eat whatever I want as long as it's vegetarian, but vegetarian comfort food can be LOADED with fat and calories just like how meat can.
  • hannahsageharrison
    Options
    Also, it's not all about losing weight! Ask yourself things like "how do I feel?"
  • veggiegirl113
    Options
    Yeah I guess I have to do more research....I have been having a lot of health issues though since I started being vegetarian and I guess part of that has to do with the fact that I eat too many carbs/sugar.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I just saw the first half of it. It was funny, I do like sarcasm.
  • veggiegirl113
    Options
    I just saw the first half of it. It was funny, I do like sarcasm.

Haha yeah me too!
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    Sometimes I feel bad for this, but when anyone tells me that being vegetarian/vegan is bad for you (Mr. Fat Head), I automatically think they're an idiot. I watched that whole show, yelling at him because of how ridiculous his "science" was. If you're not getting enough protein or whatever being vegetarian, it's because you're doing it wrong. Beans, nuts, WHOLE GRAIN has just as much protein per ounce as meat does, but none of the fat. Being a veggie is so healthy! SO SO HEALTHY! Probably something else is the problem. Watching your calorie intake is the only thing you have to be careful of. Sometimes I get thinking that I can eat whatever I want as long as it's vegetarian, but vegetarian comfort food can be LOADED with fat and calories just like how meat can.

can you point out a bean or whole grain that has as much protein per ounce as meat? I'd love to add that to my diet.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

I'd like to know which beans and wholegrains have as much protein per ounce as meat, and which nuts have none of the fat. The vast majority of vegetarians and all vegans need to supplement, eat extracts (tofu, protein powder, seed oils) or consume substances that humans were never intended to eat (wheatgrass, algae) to get a balanced nutritious diet, there just isn't the B12, bioavailable calcium, haem iron, DHA and EPA in vegetarian/ vegan friendly wholefoods. I don't see how you can ever describe any diet that has to be supplemented with essential nutrients as so healthy.