Eating vegan for 2013

Options
Hey everyone,

I've been active on MFP since May, but my weight loss stalled out around July and I couldn't figure out how to overcome that. After watching "Forks Over Knifes" in December I started eating vegan on January 1st of this year and the weight has started to fall right off. Recently my news feed has gotten quiet. I'd love to have some new supportive friends who are vegan or vegetarian and I will be encouraging in return :) I look forward to continuing our weigh loss adventure together!

Replies

• usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've been eating vegan (and then some) for a Daniel fast through my church the past 2 weeks. It's a 3 week fast. All I can say is, man it's been hard. I find myself craving meats and sugars and such. I've also lost 6+ lbs the past two weeks.

I know I'll revert to my carnivorous ways at the end of it, but I wish you luck and much success man!
  • Bennettjade
    Options
    My husband and I just started the Engine 2 diet about a week ago. We love it so far and feel amazing! I'll send you a friend request. :)
  • deemarie55
    Options
    Hello. I do not eat much meat at all and prefer vegetarian. Just not sure what to replace meat with as far as protein. I do eat fish. Any help would be appreciated!
  • musclevegan
    Options
    Hello. I do not eat much meat at all and prefer vegetarian. Just not sure what to replace meat with as far as protein. I do eat fish. Any help would be appreciated!

Protein: Beans, legumes, tofu! Enjoy!
  • prannyhamster
    prannyhamster Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a vegan and have been one for about a year. I get my protein from nuts, beans, lentils, mushrooms and the occasional tofu product (although of course small amounts of protein are in plenty of other things I eat too!). Since I've been a vegan I've lost a few pounds as there isn't as much fat in my diet, and have felt really healthy. I would definitely encourage anyone to try it- I was an omnivore before but after a while you just get used to not having cheese/chicken/whatever and it won't bother you and you'll feel better for it!
  • deemarie55
    Options
    That's what I have been doing....and also lots of veggies and fruits