not a big deal to some

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
But to me it's pretty freakin awesome. I wasn't able to do 1 military style pushup last year and I built up to do a real military pushup. Now I can do more- I'm talking correct form as well my husband is Army so he nit picks it and now I got it down.

Tonight my daughter videoed me while my youngest counted to 10 thats how many real ones they wanted me to do. Mind you both my girls know how to do military styled pushups they are big into fitness they even do pullups -- my girls were so happy saying push it mom push it do 1 more lol..

Pretty happy about that- My upper body strength has come a long way All my power is in my legs so to have any strength up top is a big deal have a long way to go- still working on more push ups then gonna go for handstand pushups then pull ups unassisted.

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    thats a huge friggin deal! i almost cried when i finally did one! im trying to do the 100 push up challenge now!!!!! its really hard and i cant make it past 20 but you get breaks in between! good luck on your journey!!!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!
  • AmberWilkie
    Options
    good for you :)
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    That is a very big deal. I too have a lot of power in my legs and not so much in my arms. I don't think I could even do an army pushup! Way to go!!!:happy:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    thank you I haven't done Pushups since Baskeball season in highschool- Even before when I worked out I skimped on the upper body workouts it wasn't until I got into weight lifting that I started paying more attention and realized I couldn't do 1 real pushup which was pretty sad to me. But I have been kicking the pushups in the *kitten* i don't know how many I can do until Failure cause I never tried i know I have to do alot since I'm doing insanity.

I also know before I could barely bench press the bar and now I actually put weights on it. My upper body was so weak I couldn't curl a 10lb dumbell it was pretty bad Now I of course increased that. I am all about improving my strength I also loved watching the video and seein my tricep lol
  • msdeborah
    msdeborah Posts: 11
    Options
    It is a big deal. I can't do a push up of any kind. YET. Every step takes you to a new direction, heading for some place. Keep up the great work. When I grow up, I want to be just like you :glasses:
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a really big deal! Great job!!
  • klt1030
    klt1030 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    THAT is a very big deal!!!
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    nice work! I've been working on a proper pushup as well. So far I've gotten 3 full ROM pushups. I am still working on it as I still fail to get one complete if I'm the slightest bit wore out in my shoulders from regular exercise.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    rock it out with your bad self! i'm doing modified pushups, and they are less of a struggle than they used to be. but as for normal pushups...i'll keep dreaming for now! congrats to you!
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    good for you!! I totoally get it. I am still working on it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!