Where Do You Find Almond Butter

Options
neverstray
neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
Other than peanut butter, I cannot find any other nut butters. They have fake nut butters with crap in them, but I just want one with the ingredients of almonds. It doesn't seem to exist.

Replies

• alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Our grocery store has it in bulk where you grind your own. You can also make it yourself from almonds using a food processor. It just takes some time for them to start breaking down.
  • laurelobrien
    laurelobrien Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Really? Even at my local commercial grocery store (Sav-On in Canada) I was able to find a small selection of almond and hazelnut butters. I currently have a jar of Western Food (super budget Canadian brand) in my cupboard, which made me skeptical, but the only ingredient is almonds.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I even seen it sold at Wal-Mart and my local Kroger had almond butter too, it was like 8 dollars but it was there!
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I guess it just depends on where you live :(

The only places I have seen it is Trader Joes (its in the back by the yogurts) And whole food stores which I believe in my state only has 4 so it takes some travel time. I have never seen it at stores like Walmart but I am not always checking, last time I fount coconut oil so I think they are are always changing things they get :)
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    it's everywhere. whole foods, key food, trader joes, and almost ever decent bodega. what i have a hard time finding is the 2-tbsp individual packets in the good flavors like almond-chocolate or almond-vanilla. but there's always amazon.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    it's everywhere. whole foods, key food, trader joes, and almost ever decent bodega. what i have a hard time finding is the 2-tbsp individual packets in the good flavors like almond-chocolate or almond-vanilla. but there's always amazon.

It's not anywhere I shop.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    If you have Winco around, you can grind your own almond and peanut butter. It is relatively cheap as well. I miss Winco!!
  • Topher1978
    Options
    There are Wincos near you!
  • tenniscoach33
    Options
    I saw almond butter the other day in a Walmart Supermarket. It was located in the section that carries peanut butter.
  • Topher1978
    Options
    The almond butter that you grind at Winco is nothing but almonds, which is a plus!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I live in Montana and it's not like a mecca of specialty foods and we have it at every major grocery store, all health food stores, and even Walmart.
  • daxazo
    daxazo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you have a Kroger, they sell a few brands in the natural/organic section.
  • Topher1978
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I live in Montana and it's not like a mecca of specialty foods and we have it at every major grocery store, all health food stores, and even Walmart.
    If you are near Missoula, that is one of the most forward towns in America, right up there with Portland and Seattle.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    in the peanut butter isle at pretty much every grocery store I go to.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Do you have an Andronico's in the part of CA you reside in? I'm not sure how far that chain stretches, but here in SF you can find a large variety of butters there. (including pure almond butter). Maybe Trader Joes?
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Almost every grocery store chain has almond butter here. Not a large selection and the ones in the jars have a lot of added crap but Whole Foods and Market Fresh let you grind your own. Probably Trader Joe's too but they are way out of our way so we dont ever go there.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Odd. I have seen it in almost every grocery store I've been in… from the fancy, to the speciality, to the regional, and even Walmart. I've been really impressed lately with the number of choices in natural and organic butters. Just about anything you want right there next to the Jifs and Peter Pans!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    In Aus (Probably not much help!) Its down the health food aisle as opposed to being with the peanut butter & other spreads. x
  • elsiesnow
    elsiesnow Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Head for what my husband likes to call "the hippie aisle" at your local grocery. Some of them are stocked better than others. For me, at my local Raley's, the Organic/Natural Foods aisle has a good selection. I also go to a co-op downtown which is all local foods, organic produce. Maybe try checking your local listings to find a grocery like that?

I live in almond orchard country, and I love almond butter. I know one of the local farmers, Maisie Jane's, has a website you can order from (I don't know if I can list that and I hope this is ok).I hope that helps :)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I've seen them where I live, and I live in the sticks, practically.