Calorie Count Problems to start off the week :)

coneyl83
coneyl83 Posts: 10
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Ok i was not prepared for the week to start, i usually have my fresh grapefruit in the containers ready to go, my chicken sectioned out, my salad chopped up for quick, healthy ready to go meals to minimize the temptation of just getting something quick to eat on the way home.Yesterday i managed eating healthy despite not preparing for the week but today lunch was running into my snack time i figured it'd be worse to skip a meal so i grabbed 3 pieces of already made chicken strips from a deli and had that for my lunch. No Bread no dressing just chicken . I thought for sure that meal alone was my calorie count for the day. However, I just now filled out my food diary and i'm shocked to see that i still have around 1000 remaining calories! How can that be? I'm not one to take my time to count calories and i'm grateful for the people that do it and help us out. But i ask, is this possible? Is the Food Data Base reliable? Heres to hoping it is!

One more quick question...When we fill out how much water we drink, how many ounces = one glass? I usually drink 32 oz per meal and snack...thank you

Replies

• maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    8 ounces = 1 glass/cup. :smile:

If I'm unsure about the food database, I google the nutritional information and check an outside source. It's usually pretty close or close enough.
  • coneyl83
    coneyl83 Posts: 10
    Thank you so much i didn't save my food diary just to make sure i get the right calories in. But i will definitly double check. thanks again Maryann!
This discussion has been closed.