So frustrated

Options
I'm getting to the point where I'm wondering what the use of eating healthy and exercising is if I can't lose weight. I've only lost about a pound in the last 3 weeks. What's the point of eating good foods and busting my butt exercising. Sorry...I know what the point is, I'm just venting that's all. I'm just really down on myself today :(

Replies

• LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it can take your body time to know whats going on, but if you are eating well and being active you WILL benefit from it, just ride it out!
    Im having a bad couple of days too but trying to keep the end goal in sight.

Stay strong!
  • Felencia
    Felencia Posts: 5
    Options
    Please don't get frustrated. Everyone's body is different. You will start to see results! Also, have you had your Thyroid checked. I had a friend that experienced the same thing while dieting and exercising only to find out there was an issue with her Thyroid.
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    HANG IN THERE I AM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING, I HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT SINCE FEB, AND INTIALLY LOST 2LBS, AND I WAS HAPPY BUT THEN..I DIDN'T LOOSE ANYHTHING..SO MY DAUGHTER SUGGESTED THAT I GET A GOOD SCALE, PICK ONE DAY A WEEKS TO WEIGH, WITHOUT CLOTH..MAYBE U HAVE HEAR THIS BEFORE BUT IT HELPED ME. I WEIGHT MYSELF MON AND DID LOOSE 3 POUNDS SO DON'T LOOSE FAITH:)
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    me too. ITs been about two weeks for me with no lose. I have cheated a little! Ive been told to bump up the cardio, make sure you are drinking all your water and cut down on the sodium. See what happens. This will happen to all of us at one point or another. Dont give up.
  • seney03
    seney03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...just keep at it...it should work it self out...make sure your eating enough to burn the calories you consume each day :flowerforyou:!
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It can get frustrating sometimes. But like you said, you know what the point is. Could there be other factor contributing to your slow weight loss? Are you sure you're eating enough? I've read lots of post from people that don't seem to eat enough. Like they're afraid to eat back their exercise calories. Remember, MFP builds in the 500 calorie/day deficit needed for you to lose 1lb per week...if that's how you set it up. Are you drinking enough water?
    Try to stay positive...it's not a sprint, it's a super marathon.. :-)
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    Just remember, the scale isn't the only thing measuring your success!! It's how you feel about what you are doing! After you exercise how do you feel? Tired, but really good about yourself right? Also, measure yourself. From past experiences, the scale shows how much weight you have lost, but inches count too. If your not already, start measuring yourself and watch the inches go down... :smile:
  • JCSKENNEDY
    JCSKENNEDY Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    don't feel so bad things some times take longer for us. keep up all the good work .i have been doing this for almost three weeks and have only lost 2lb. don't give up plow on a head. i keep telling myself the same thing i will not quit but keep going.we all have only one body and need to take care of it so you are not waiting your time but improving it
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    Change it up a bit, give yourself more calories for a few days and see how that helps you; sometimes you have to trick your body into these things.

Good luck and try not to get discouraged, I know it is hard - I am experiencing a bit of that myself of late. Hang tough, keep eating heathy and exercising.
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm getting to the point where I'm wondering what the use of eating healthy and exercising is if I can't lose weight. I've only lost about a pound in the last 3 weeks. What's the point of eating good foods and busting my butt exercising. Sorry...I know what the point is, I'm just venting that's all. I'm just really down on myself today :(

Don't give up! I hit those too! It was four weeks the last time I hit a plateau before I started losing weight! If you are eating right and getting some exercise It will come! Don't lose faith!
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I came on here to post the same thing! Honestly when i'm NOT watching my weight my body "settles" a few pounds lower....so why is it hanging on to these pounds for dear life?

I was totally over it yesterday and did binge. I hated the feeling when I woke up this AM. Let's try to stay the course, maybe not for pounds lost but for the great fit feeling?
  • mhouberg
    mhouberg Posts: 18
    Options
    and after posting that this morning and being bummed all day, i ended up having a crappy crappy day at work, so after dropping off my kids at baseball practice the two younger ones and I gorged ourselves at the Chinese buffet :( uuuggghhh!!! Now I feel even crappier. I have to enter in what I just ate so I know how much jogging to do tonight LOL
  • 6todds
    6todds Posts: 13
    Options
    That same thing happened to me about 6 weeks ago. I was eating right and exercising like 4 times a week and would gain and lose the same 2 lbs for like 3 weeks straight...then one week I suddenly lost 5 lbs. and I have been consistantly losing ever since (of course I say that and watch this week nothing). Just keep at it and it will happen. Giving up is what "it" wants you to do.