Failure is NOT an option

Options
At my age I have been on the diet roller coaster much over half of my life. I have tried the Atkins Diet, the Grapefruit/Cottage cheese diet, the Cambridge diet, the all-natural diet, South beach, Hollywood diet, and more that I can't or don't want to remember. Each one had a degree of success, then each one had a bad degree of failure. Some had no weening off period of foods, either you were on or you were off. With this lifestyle change I have made I can't let it fail...that isn't an option this time. I can't stay fat forever, I won't stay fat forever. I saw a commercial on TV the other day of the fat person talking to the thinner version. The fat version asked the thin version to stay that way and not fail. That is going to be me one day...I'm going to look in that mirror and see that thin version of me and tell myself to not fail. Not go back...remember what it's like to be fat and how unhappy you really are. I may have always put on a happy face but deep down I was crying and screaming at myself. Cussing myself out, wondering why I had to order that meal..then to super size it on top. Did I really need that 3rd sandwich? No I didn't, did I need the large fry and extra large soda? No I didn't.

What I needed was some fruits and some veggies...I needed a glass of water. I needed to get off my butt and move. I needed to stick to it long enough to see NSV's=Non Scale Victories. Something to keep that drive going, something to look forward to. I needed to be in that right frame of mind to DO THIS. I know now that I didn't do it alone, you were here to cheer me on. I know that doing this alone is hard and thankful you all were here to help. I know my road is long and will a part of my life till I die. The best part I see as I'm losing, it's all WORTH IT!!! Every once of energy, every drop of sweat, every tear that has fallen is so worth getting healthier, getting leaner and showing who I am.

Over the next 11 months the transformation of me is going to be drastic and unrecognizable. I'm going to completely change who I am and how I got there. I'm going to help anyone that wants help and I'm going to be in the best shape of my life. Feel free to friend me if you're not my friend already and keep an eye out for my transformation.

Replies

• kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you Jer! You are a constant source of inspiration!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Tjade18
    Tjade18 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post and truly inspirational! :)
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I too have similar feelings. It's great to have a community of people in my same situation. I keep telling myself that I'm doing this for me and future-me. Your story helped remind me of that. Keep it up!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    After reading this I might have shouted go go go go &made my boyfriend jump.
    You can do it.
    Best of luck. Will be looking forward to seeing your results :)