I'm coming back to succeed!

Options
Hey everyone,
I've decided to come back. I haven't logged in in three years, holy smokes.
Since then I have had my third child and could not lose the weight. So I went on an outrageous diet that should be called starvation and lost 55lbs in 28 days. And you know what they say about crash diets? That the weight comes back and it does after four months every ounce was packed back on. Since then I have lost a few pounds here and a few pounds there and then gained them back.
I refuse to go on another fad, ridiculous diet, and aside from throwing around ideas about weight watchers, nutrisystem, ect. I haven't found anything that was right for me. The name of this site was brought up in a conversation and I had remembered that I was once on here. Once I figured out my password I checked out my old profile and I had lost fifteen pounds before. I know that this is the right way to eat and after awhile the exercising and calorie counting will come naturally.
But for now I am out of my element, and a little scared to step out and become the healthier lighter version of me, it seems really nice to just hide behind ( not to be blunt) my layers of fat and eat a couple tacos extra sour cream and guacamole. I dont have 100lbs to loose but a good 50-60 would put me right at the high end of that doctors scale of what your weight should be according to your height.
Needless to say My name is Holly, I have three wonderful little girls and after being a stay at home mom for 6 years I just went back to work a few weeks ago. I need a change and a big one, I have been stuck in a rut since I had my last little beauty and well its time to get out of it head first and screaming.
Anyone want to be my buddy and keep me on track I would really appreciate it. If not well thanks for reading my post all the way through, I really enjoyed writing it, it kind of made me put it all out there and seal the deal.
Good Luck fellow fitness pals.
* Holly

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You'll probably note that some of your original posts on the community forum will keep popping back up like ghosts in a bad flick. LOL
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    welcome back you can do this
  • Loved1s
    Loved1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    welcome back! Feel free to add me!
  • vanessajacka
    vanessajacka Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I started this month too. Doing good so far. You can do this...we can do this!! Feel free to add me!!
  • MrsSensible2013
    Options
    I started back on here again this year and doing well so far. Good luck on your journey, please feel free to add me :)
  • Julesconan
    Options
    Awesome! Im currently on a stupid, fad, 500 cal diet, but was using this site after my last stint to track and ensure I didnt get back into the cream cheese and chocolate diet I was on before. lol.
    Welcome back. : )
  • brittuhnay
    brittuhnay Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :)
  • Elainethelucky
    Options
    Hi there. Welcome back. Please feel free to add me to your friends. Elaine
  • thica03
    thica03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hollymommy- First off, WELCOME back. This site is pretty amazing. I am in the same situation. Its been just about 3yrs since Ive logged in and in that time I've had my first son, gained my 56lbs back and I'm still struggling with the weight. I too have about 50-60lbs to lose to get to the Dr. recommened weight. I was inspired to come back when I found out my sisters, and some friends have joined. When I came across your topic and read your story, it hit home.

So here I am again trying to loose all the weight. It has been soo hard to stay focused when you have no daily encouragement. I haven't found my mojo per se, but im trying to find it and get back into the grove of things.

I am a lover of food so I leave you with this:

Recipe

2 fresh tomatoes diced
    1/2 cucumber diced
    2-3 green onions chopped
    1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled

let sit in the fridge 1-2 hrs great lite snack/lunch or side dish feeds about 3-4ppl.

Keep in contact would love to hear your success stories.

Christina ;D