Counting drinks?

Options
Hello! I havent posted here before so I'm sorry if this isn't the right place or if i'm breaking any guidelines but i was wondering how many of you count drinks as calories? I count hot chocolate, any fizzy drinks that aren't diet and are over 150 per bottle and milkshake! but everything else goes uncounted! do you have any specific ones you do or don't?
Thanks and good luck for the day!!

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If it goes in your mouth, count it. Regardless if there are calories or not there are all kinds of values attached to food and drinks so logging it is important.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I don't count the tea I drink, but I do count the milk I put in it. Am pretty sure black tea has no calories.
  • Hollisss
    Hollisss Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You're posting in the right section.
    I count all liquids that have calories.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Log it all- if you're in there anyway then why not.
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    You should be counting all of it. Everything.
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    could have sworn this said counting ****s...
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I add everything but water, I dont drink tea, coffee or sodas of any type (even diet), what I do drink, diet snapples and crysral light I add, though I do admit sometimes I forget. Generally speaking the most important reason I log my drinks to to make sure I'm not drinking too many liquid calories and I can make sure to avoid doing so.
  • StaceySuperfly
    StaceySuperfly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Anything with a calorie gets counted! Black coffee and tea are zero, but you should still log it. I even log my diet coke even tho it has no caloric value. I drink a lot of milk and log every drop! Same with beer or cocktails.
  • FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I count it all..every little bit adds up quickly.
  • awisegirl84
    awisegirl84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If it goes in my mouth, it gets logged (yes, I'm laughing too).

Like a previous person said, there are all kinds of values associated (sugar, carbs, vitamins, etc.). Plus I think it's good to be mindful and helps to stay on track. I log tea, coffee, creamer, soda, everything. Even if there are no calories. I created a separate "Beverages" section on my diary specifically for them. I don't drink diet or "zero calorie" drinks usually (The artificial sweeteners don't agree with me and I actually believe they are worse for your body than sugar).

At the end of the day, I would much rather eat my calories than drink them so it's just another way for me to be aware of what I'm putting in my body.
  • PeriwinklePineapple
    Options
    Count it. A calorie is a calorie, liquid or solid. With that said, i don't count black coffee or herbal teas that say zero calories.
  • liaoverbrook
    liaoverbrook Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    thank you so much everyone for you advice/input! i'm going to take a fresh look at what im actually drinking and make sure i start logging! thank you!!
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I log everything except water & tea. If I put honey in my tea I add that though, otherwise it's 0 cals.
  • missability
    Options
    I count everything......here is why, I decided to only drink water, and something I buy at whole foods in a bottle called Teas' Tea, pure green tea.....it is nothing but green tea brewed in filtered water. That's it , no sugar, honey, colorings, additives of any kind...just like I made it at home. BUT.....at the bottom of your food diary you can set up things like Fat, Protein, Sugars, Carbs, Etc....and this is a handy tool. What I found is that even though my tea is 100% tea it has 40mg sodium in it! And if I might get off the drinks for a minute, I also discovered there is sugars in things like cottage cheese, onion, etc...all things I never knew.....so I agree with others here,"If it goes in the mouth, count it".....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I count everything. I honestly think that ignoring certain liquids is a bad idea. Those calories add up.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Unless it's water or zero calorie diet drinks, count it. Those are still calories!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Hello! I havent posted here before so I'm sorry if this isn't the right place or if i'm breaking any guidelines but i was wondering how many of you count drinks as calories? I count hot chocolate, any fizzy drinks that aren't diet and are over 150 per bottle and milkshake! but everything else goes uncounted! do you have any specific ones you do or don't?
    Thanks and good luck for the day!!

I don't log lemon cordial but it's about 2 calories a glass. Other than that I would log everything, you are only cheating yourself. Anything with added sugar should fall under the maximum 10% daily calories guideline, you can't track if you are eating healthy if you don't log drinks that are less than 150cals, that could be as much as 35g of sugar!