Healthy breakfast/lunch/snack tips?

Options
Hello everyone! I need some help to get more inspiration to make healthy foods. I need more variation, not just oatmeal, omelette and cottage cheese everyday.. Please help me!
If you have any tips to snack-on-the-go too it would be nice, I just eat breakfast at home 07.00, then I have to eat 3-4 meals at school and the gym because I dont go home between.

My stomack is always making noises too, so if you know of something really filling it would be super awesome. Thanks.

Add me as a friend too if you want to :)

Replies

• twoday
    twoday Posts: 210
    Options
    I take a protein drink in the morning with Almond milk. It tastes good and the protein gets me full for most of the morning. For snacks i like to have granola as a quick snake with some dryed fruit in it. Sweet but not a candy. I do my salads in the afternoon with some kind of protein like chicken and some veggie snacks on along the way. Keeps my stomach from sounding like something out of a animal show.
  • rachelblair09
    Options
    i eat oatmeal everyday with a banana/almonds & 1% milk i just love it so much! lol also breakfast/snack ideas could be things like greek yoghurt with fruit and some cinnamon, juices? like spinach, kale, banana, berries, greek yoghurt and protein powder put in a blender...rice cakes with peanut butter, almonds, raisins, granola bars, berries, lean meats...lunch ideas wholemeal pitta breads with salad & chicken or turkey, baked potatoe, tuna with wholemeal pasta..
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Plannning and Preperation! Biggest and best tip I can give you. Doesn't matter what you bought at the grocery store if it never gets eaten. Pre-make your meals and/or snacks, putting them in easy to grab containers. If you're out and about most of the day make sure you take enough snacking foods, don't want to tempt yourself with a trip to a vending machine just because you forgot something. Im super boring and my lunches always tend to be the same thing- Sundays I will grill a bunch of chicken breast and steamed green beans or broccoli and portion out 5 containers for the week. I take a lot of left overs from dinenr too.

Breakfast: no one ever said you only have to eat the "typical" foods like you mentioned, grilled chicken or salmon tastes just as good at 7AM as it does at 7PM. Hard boiled egg and some fruit and toast is a go to breakfast for me

Snacks: I premake veggie bags and keep them in a container in the fridge I can just grab and go, I put a combo of bell pepper sticks, carrots, cauliflower, green beans, etc in a little zip lock sandwich bag. Nuts- same thing I get a big container from Costco then divide it all into pre-portioned bags. Protein bars- find one that you like and fits your nutritional needs best. Pieces of fruit and cheese. I know you said you are bored of cottage cheese- but do you ever add things to it? cut up tomato's, red onion, bell peppers or cucumber and add it with some seasoning to the cottage cheese and it becomes a mini meal. Or cut up strawberries, granola and cinnamon for a breakfast.

GOOD LUCK!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    breakfast sandwich can be made ahead of time ..and you dont have to have a tradtional breakfast at breakfast so the sky is the limit .
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Plannning and Preperation! Biggest and best tip I can give you. Doesn't matter what you bought at the grocery store if it never gets eaten. Pre-make your meals and/or snacks, putting them in easy to grab containers. If you're out and about most of the day make sure you take enough snacking foods, don't want to tempt yourself with a trip to a vending machine just because you forgot something. Im super boring and my lunches always tend to be the same thing- Sundays I will grill a bunch of chicken breast and steamed green beans or broccoli and portion out 5 containers for the week. I take a lot of left overs from dinenr too.

Breakfast: no one ever said you only have to eat the "typical" foods like you mentioned, grilled chicken or salmon tastes just as good at 7AM as it does at 7PM. Hard boiled egg and some fruit and toast is a go to breakfast for me

Snacks: I premake veggie bags and keep them in a container in the fridge I can just grab and go, I put a combo of bell pepper sticks, carrots, cauliflower, green beans, etc in a little zip lock sandwich bag. Nuts- same thing I get a big container from Costco then divide it all into pre-portioned bags. Protein bars- find one that you like and fits your nutritional needs best. Pieces of fruit and cheese. I know you said you are bored of cottage cheese- but do you ever add things to it? cut up tomato's, red onion, bell peppers or cucumber and add it with some seasoning to the cottage cheese and it becomes a mini meal. Or cut up strawberries, granola and cinnamon for a breakfast.

GOOD LUCK!

This^

My Breakfast is always at random tiems because of work (sometiems it is at 4pm) and sometimes I eat broccoli lol :)
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I need some help to get more inspiration to make healthy foods. I need more variation, not just oatmeal, omelette and cottage cheese everyday.. Please help me!
    If you have any tips to snack-on-the-go too it would be nice, I just eat breakfast at home 07.00, then I have to eat 3-4 meals at school and the gym because I dont go home between.

My stomack is always making noises too, so if you know of something really filling it would be super awesome. Thanks.

Add me as a friend too if you want to :)

You don't mention any fruits, veggies, oily fish, meats, nuts, seeds, beans or lentils are you eating these? You should be having nine servings of fruit and veg in the full rainbow of colours, three of dairy (cottage cheese is not very nutritious) every day, plenty of fibre and mineral rich foods, healthy fats including oily fish regularly. Go to the grocery store and purchase a ton of different foods then Google recipes or run a search on the boards here.

For satiety combine protein, healthy fats, water and fibre rich foods at every meal and snack. Numerous foods can be eaten raw or cooked and cold, get a small cool bag and a freezer block. Eggs can be prepared many different ways and taste completely different depending what veggies or fruits you serve them with.
  • liannesaut
    liannesaut Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    a great tip that I use a lot - spray a muffin tin with a bit of olive oil spray, put a piece of low fat deli meat or turkey bacon in the bottom, then crack an egg over it. Make a dozen or so of these - they last in the fridge for about a week! Just warm (or not), put on an english muffin (or not). Could also put cheese, veggies in with the egg, spices, etc.

PS bake them for 20 minutes or so (until firm) at 350.
  • katypatilla
    Options
    I like greek yogurt with granola for breakfast. I also eat cottage cheese, but I add fruit. I have to eat lunch between 10 and 10:30 so I eat Fruits and veggies as well as and occasional 100 calorie pack for snack.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup Plain yogurt or greek yogurt and kashi's go lean cereal with cinnamon is less than 200 calories and keeps me full!
    You can use any cereal you want, but make sure it's got protein and fiber in it.

I prep sandwich bags with chopped fruit and veggies to snack on as well as low fat string cheese
    I have an apple slicer in my drawer at work and eat at least an apple every day
    Banana's are easy to take anywhere too

salads are easy to make and store to grab and take through the week
    Just choose a different green every couple of store trips and then change up three or so
    veggies to add; then you won't get bored with them
    Peppers, mushrooms, cucumber, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, sweet butter lettuce,
    red leaf lettuce etc. You can add beans, cheese, meat, or boiled eggs for protein

Sandwich's and wraps are my next on the go foods. You can do anything you want to them just
    find a good bread with fiber and protein
    PB&J
    PB&Banana
    Turkey and Cheese with mustard
    Ham and cheese
    veggies only (think peppers, sprouts, cucumbers etc) use hummus as the spread for protein
    you can add chopped anything to a wrap. Salad type stuff, cream cheese, beans, hummus,
    veggies, meats and cheeses etc. Just watch the calories!
  • squatuntilyoudrop
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!! So helpful.

I eat fish, chicken and everything else too. When I mentioned "other things than omelette, cottage cheese and oatmeal" I ment that I usually eat it for breakfast. Not all the time!!

But thank you so so much, keep posting your tips. xx
  • lotusspark
    Options
    Get your hands on produce like cabbage, blueberries, pineapple, berries (all types), walnuts, almonds...natural is best.