Need suggestions for a program to follow..

Options
I am a stay at home mom to a one year old, we don't have a gym in town and I can't afford to drive 30 miles each way to go to one. (We will be moving to a town with one in a month or 2 tho yay!) I live in Wisconsin so there is snow on the ground, I put my son in the Moby Wrap (tied onto me) and walk on days where the temp is above freezing, but that's not terribly often. It's easiest if I just have a video I can follow during his nap times. I borrowed Insanity from a friend but it was way too hard for me. I feel like I have to do everything slower than them to get through it and I don't feel like that's as effective, so I'm looking for something that is effective that I can keep up with. I'm 5'3 and 243lbs so my fitness level isn't terribly high. I was able to do Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire, but it got boring after a while. Any suggestions?? I'm looking for something that I don't need weights or resistance bands for since I don't own any.. Thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• fruitcake91
    fruitcake91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You should check out some of the at home exercise videos on you tube. That way if you get bored of one then just search for another, plus it's free! :):
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    Completely Agree! I'm a single mum and a college student so the only way I can fit on my daily exercise is walking and a DVD when little mans napping haha
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Really easy:

put baby into pram - power walk for an hour
    when baby is asleep, blitz housework with music because then you move faster
    exercise videos free from youtube - when baby is asleep
    cans of beans to do bicep curls - see youtube
    friends/neighbours to do walks with you - minimum 1 hr for toning or 30 mins just to get your metabolism up
    log your calories religiously
    do not eat the baby leftovers
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred ^^ (You can find it on youtube) and I just used bottles of water for weights ;) Simple and it's only 30 minutes of your time every day :D
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Insanity really hurts my knees and I get dizzy haha. I like pilates vids. Youtube has a bunch of free videos. AMybe try some out and see what works best for you. Weights are importand but you can do body resistnace exercises like pushups (on your knees to start) and sit ups, squats, lunges, etc. Good luck!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Well right now walking is out of the questions, it's -30 windchill and we have weather warnings not to go outside in it unless necessary. LOL. I do Zumba videos on youtube sometimes. Anyone have any specific youtube videos they enjoy to recommend?
  • chefgirl866
    Options
    Check out Fitness Blender youtube channel. The have a wide variety of workouts including low impact.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Check out Collage Video. they have tons of workout DVDs. You can filter for beginner, intermediate or advanced, 30, 50, 90 minutes, etc. You can preview the DVDs to see if it looks like something you could do or are interested in. You can do them at home while the baby sleeps or with the baby in a playpen. Weather is never an issue when you walk in your house with a DVD.
    Good Luck!