Loose skin on stomach area

2»

Replies

• kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Thank you for all your advice. I definitely should incorporate some resistance training into my workouts as at the moment I only do cardio (this isn't intentional, I just enjoy it more). Hopefully that will have a positive impact on my problem area. If not, then no harm done.

I already drink plenty of water and am obviously following a healthy diet. I use moisturiser daily to get nice skin! :)

I guess only time will tell whether these things help or not. I'm going to try and look on the bright side of life - i'd much rather be worrying about this little problem than be 77 lbs heavier! :)
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 167 Member
    Keep your head up you look fantastic! I believe strength training will help alot.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Thank you for all your advice. I definitely should incorporate some resistance training into my workouts as at the moment I only do cardio (this isn't intentional, I just enjoy it more). Hopefully that will have a positive impact on my problem area. If not, then no harm done.

I already drink plenty of water and am obviously following a healthy diet. I use moisturiser daily to get nice skin! :)

I guess only time will tell whether these things help or not. I'm going to try and look on the bright side of life - i'd much rather be worrying about this little problem than be 77 lbs heavier! :)

I'm with you on the cardio point. I, too, enjoy it more. Standing upright it is difficult to notice the loose stomach skin. However, the other day I was doing my pushups without a shirt and looked down to see all this hanging "stuff." Granted, over the past couple of years, the skin on the back of my arms tightened up, but I'm not certain about the stomach area. Maybe that is the price I pay for becoming fat over a decade and then and then losing that weight (and being nearly 60 years old). I'm the only one that has to look at it, but I don't find it very healthy looking.

I am incorporating more core resistance work into my routine. I guess I'll see how that works out.
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    bump
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Cardio, Ab work, and drink lots of water. Also continue to eat healthy. If you're only 22 then you're skin will shrink, it just takes a while. Try not to get overly obsessed about it.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Glad to read a lot of these posts. I've just started noticing the same thing and was worried I was going to have "baggy" skin.
  • Try blowing balloons I haven't started yet but its on my list of things to do!