Squats don't count as exercise??!!!

Options
I have just done 408 squats as this is the biggest muscle group and was told by a personal trainer this is one of the best exercise's anyone can do.... But it won't come up on the exercise list and I cant add it!!! Rubbish..... Same goes for Kettlebell exercise :/

Help!

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Scroll through the cardio and click on "weight training."
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    408 squats!!! Wow.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    it's under weight training/

did you use any weight?
    are those all in the same workout?
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    408 body weight squats.
    Thats impressive willpower and endurance right there...
    Did it take you long to build up to it ?

There are probably better ways to maximise your efficient use of exercise time though, depending on your goals.
    Going for high reps like that, can be a skill you work on, maybe a future guiness book of record squats in a row :-P
    but if you are looking for effective cardiovascular/aerobic system training, running,swimming,biking,rowing, are probably better...
    If you are looking to grow muscle or strenth, then you would need to swap out the body weight squats for weighted squats...

Just some things to consider.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I do squats in sets of 10 throughout my day anywhere from 70-150 squats a day. I couldn't find a way to add them to my calorie burn directly to MFP. Now I weigh 310 pounds so squatting my own body weight is a pretty significant exercise for me. On days when I've done my squats throughout the day, my bodymedia fit registers around 200-300 extra calories burned so I know they're a great exercise to sneak in. I synched my BMF with MFP so now I'm getting "credit" for my squats!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Squats are in strength training section but that won't give you a calorie count due to the massive variables in weight training.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Squats are in strength training section but that won't give you a calorie count due to the massive variables in weight training.

This ^^
  • HaleyBrom
    HaleyBrom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)