I'm New and need support

Options
Hi my name is Tabby. I am almost 30 yrs old and married with 2 children. Since I have had my 2 kids I haven't been able to lose the weight. I have 100 lbs to lose so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Replies

• tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    Well, first of all WELCOME!! The best advice that I can give, is don't lie! If you eat bad or don't exercise record it. Lying to yourself isn't helpding you move forward. Record everything! Whether it's bad or good or in between! :smile: I wish you luck in your journey!
  • cons2008
    cons2008 Posts: 1
    Options
    HI, TABBY
    WHEN TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT IT DOESNT MATTER IF ITS 10-100LBS ITS HARD. I AM NEW TO THIS SITE ALSO SO
    TOGETHER WE CAN DO IT ! I NEED 2 LOSE 50LBS. TODAY WAS MY 1ST SO, LETS MEET ON EVERY TUESDAY. HVE A
    GREAT WEEK.
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    HI, TABBY
    WHEN TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT IT DOESNT MATTER IF ITS 10-100LBS ITS HARD. I AM NEW TO THIS SITE ALSO SO
    TOGETHER WE CAN DO IT ! I NEED 2 LOSE 50LBS. TODAY WAS MY 1ST SO, LETS MEET ON EVERY TUESDAY. HVE A
    GREAT WEEK.

cons2008-Sounds good to me. So we will meet and weigh in on Tuesdays. Good Luck and have a good night.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am also new. We can help support each other if you would like.
  • SisterC
    SisterC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just wanted to say howdy and let you know that those pounds will come off again...lose slowly and learn to eat healthy along the way. This isn't a diet; it is a way of life. Best of luck to you on your healthy journey...your kids are going to thank you! Hugs, SisterC
  • tscholar
    tscholar Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello Tabby! Sounds like we are in the same boat....two kids, 100lbs., etc..... If you need a someone to share the good, the bad and the ugly of this new way of life I am here for you! Good Luck.
  • Stacey127
    Options
    My name is Stacey and I am new to this site as well. I love the idea that this site is so user friendly and supportive, however, I still feel a sense of hesitation in speaking so openly about my weight issues.I have recently lost 12 lbs and I have about 30 lbs to go . I would welcome any advice/suggestions anyone might have! Thanks in advance! :)
  • jimjamjandles
    Options
    Welcome!
    I am on Day three - and all I can say is be entirely honest with all of the food you consume and the exercise you do.
    You need to make improvements, and you only do this by learning your bad habits, or your habits and food consumption etc that is taking you in the wrong direction.

I love posting on here, updating my food, and comparing which foods are higher in calories etc before I have a snack. So far both days (excl today as its not quite over) have come in under my Calorie Intake, which is great! Its motivation in itself.

I even turned away chocolate today!! WHICH happens never!! Cause I didnt know how many calories it might have in it! :)
  • Stacey127
    Options
    Those are all great tips!

1069098.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mslee
    mslee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm running up the same hill almost 30 married with 2 girls and keeping up with them is taking a toll on me i'm here to help you as much as i can i'll to keep in touch with any new diet plans or help but i need to lose about 60 pounds and i keep hearing that the older you get the harder it gets and i don't want that to be true for me but i have to cut a lot of what i eat out......i'm a sugar addict any candy i see i eat and i buy buy buy and i was told thats going to be my number 1 problem. i'm a nurse so i'm always on my feet running back in forth with candy in my mouth or a pound in my coffee just to wake up in the a.m lol but i'm here for you we can help each other good luck everyone WE CAN DO THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • Crystalseashore
    Options
    Hello all,

Today is my first day to start tracking my progress. I am 48, and looking to complete a lifestyle change. By doing this I am hoping to have receive some support, helpful suggestions and hopefully inspire others one day.