George Foreman Grill

Options
Hey everyone it's winter where I am so grilling is not ideal. I was wondering if anyone has cooked a steak using the George Foreman and if so did it turn out okay?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    We do it all the time. It doesn't come out as juicy and flavorful as doing it on a nice charcoal grill, but it's not bad. As long as you don't overcook it, it comes out fine.
  • brandyanne0204
    brandyanne0204 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have done it before and it turned out good to me. You can still put your seasonings on it. I feel that it is better that way then having to fry it.
  • Terrytriesharder
    Terrytriesharder Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do all the time and they turn out decently :) I make sure to marinate them and to put a couple non flammable wedges in to keep the top plate from squeezing all the juices out and leaving it completely dry
  • annregina
    Options
    I grill them for seven minutes and they turn out fine
  • Reneeisfat
    Reneeisfat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    One time I burned my foot, VERY BADLY, on my Foreman Grill.
  • Lorilooo
    Options
    I like making ribeyes on my George Foreman grill but it's been awhile since I've done that because they're kinda very fatty and I'm trying not to do that and I'm beginning to ramble so I'll be quite now.

Anyway, on my grill I cooked the ribeyes for 6 to 6:30 for medium. They turned out great! :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    We do it all the time. It doesn't come out as juicy and flavorful as doing it on a nice charcoal grill, but it's not bad. As long as you don't overcook it, it comes out fine.

Same experience here. It still turns out pretty tasty.
  • lornaloo3
    lornaloo3 Posts: 102
    Options
    Love my George Foreman. When I started getting serious about eating healthier I bought one and a steamer. I pick up packs of salmon burgers from Costco and grill two of them to take with me for lunch, along with some steamed or baked vegetables...

I did a steak last week. It's not exactly like grilling it outside, but I enjoyed it.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options

Did you try to fry up some bacon next to your bed? :bigsmile:
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

How does this happen? You're doing it wrong. Lol
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

Am really sorry to hear that :bigsmile:

I use my GF grill a lot ..... trial & error, of course, but most turns out ok ...... I like grilling veggies on it !
  • Reneeisfat
    Options
    I was using it to make bacon!

See what happened was this:
    I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon, (sue me. )
    And since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself. So, most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman Grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill, I go back to sleep again.
    Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it's good for me. It's the perfect way to start the day.
    Well one time I got up, I stepped onto the grill and it clamped down on my foot... that's it.

I don't see what's so hard to believe about that.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options

I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon, (sue me. )
    And since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself. So, most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman Grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill, I go back to sleep again.
    Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it's good for me. It's the perfect way to start the day.
    Well one time I got up, I stepped onto the grill and it clamped down on my foot... that's it.

That's what she said!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone it's winter where I am so grilling is not ideal. I was wondering if anyone has cooked a steak using the George Foreman and if so did it turn out okay?

I had one in college and used it all the time!
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • Reneeisfat
    Options

That's what she said!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • kirstencorren
    kirstencorren Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love my Foreman! But like someone else mentioned the top tends to stick just a little and if you let the food cook just a bit too long it makes the steak/chicken a little tough.

Wouldn't give mine up though :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have to ask, do you actually need to use some sort of oil to grill chicken and fish on the foreman? I have been using a little olive oil on mine thus far, but am wondering if it is totally necessary ? Don't want to end up with things sticking to and staining the thing if I risk doing without.

PS - eggs turn out wonderful when done on the foreman if you manage to stop them running off the edge before they cook.