Doing MFP and WW

Options
Hi there

I am fairly new to MFP. I signed up for it last yr but didn't stick to it at all. In fact I gained some weight. I am now tracking faithfully, been good and tracked everyday since I restarted last week. I joined WW meetings this fall (2012) as well as doing the online. With a monthly pass you get both. I am doing very well with it. I've lost 44.8 lbs. I do exercise quite a bit as well, lots of cardio and strength building.

As for how much left to lose, I haven't decided. Realistically I think another 15 is more than enough. According to my BMI I should lose another 25 but am going to lose until I'm happy. Right now in most brands I wear a size M shirt and size 10 pants.

Interesting to see the difference between both programs. For my 26 points a day on weight watchers that works out to about 1200 calories a day. I find the programs different but complimentary enough. One of the key differences is with points you have more flexibility with fruits but not a biggie, seems to work out good here too. As for why I'm going to WW paying my monthly fees I started before I rejoined MFP and needed that boost of attending physical meetings to get me started. I'll continue both and now realize tracking is going to be a lifelong fact of things for me.

I just need to be diligent with tracking so here I am and hoping to meet with more people who are determined this time to stick to the tracking. Hope to meet with other people who are in a similar position.

Thanks and good luck to everyone on their journey

Marilyn

Replies

• lewshetland
    lewshetland Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have just returned to MFP in January and also started Scottish Slimmers for the same reasons. Both strategies can complement each other. However not sure what to do re eating back exercise calories- I am going to wait and see how the weight loss goes. I have been losing the same stone in weight over the last year. I lose the weight and then put in back on. I now have a friends wedding to look forward to in the summer and I am going to use both the online support and the public accountability to help really enjoy the day.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm doing exactly the same. I also get 26 WW points per day and like you have found that it generally equates to around 1200 calories per day.

I started back on WW at the beginning of this year and so far I'm down 6.2lbs so it appears to be working for me. It's obviously working for you too! Well done. :smile:
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You too. Nice to see there are others out here doing both programs.