Making up for going over

Options
Just curious - if you guys go over your calories one day, do you try to make up for the next day by going under?

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Nope. If I go over, I go over. I don't try to eat less or exercise more the next day. I just continue on.
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    I haven't had any days when I have been over yet - but if it wasn't for the exercise I log in, I would definately be over. I say yesterday was yesterday and just focus on today and don't worry about trying to balance out from yesterday.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I went over yesterday by about 500 calories. Today is a new day, with a new goal and a new chance to exercise. So, to answer your question.. no, I don't try to make it up.
  • orczombie
    orczombie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I certainly aim to eat better the next day, but I don't try to go particularly under what I normally eat.
  • kprangley
    Options
    I totally try to make it up. I go over on average 200 to 400 some days. I add up how much I went over and go to the gym and make sure I burn off those calories. I figure it's my punishment for eating bad things having to work them off :) Perhaps I should just stop eating bad things?
  • QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    Nope. I remind myself that tomorrow's another day. I don't want to wind myself up too much by 'failures'.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I try to have a certain calorie average per week, so I will eat a bit less the rest of the week.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I tend to look at weekly totals. I adjust as necessary. It's rare that I would go over, but when I do, I'm usually under another day of the week. It usually balances out.
  • KJFairywings
    KJFairywings Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point in trying to make up the next day. Each day should be a new day to start fresh and try to be true by tracking all you can. I think I would definately make sure that I get my exercise in and all my water so as to try annd counteract the affects of going over.

I just want to have the mindset to never give up and keep on going for me so I can get where I need to be for my health
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I used to do that. However it got me feeling like I was punishing myself. It made my healthy eating seem negative and it did not work. If I go over I eat healthy and try to forget it.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    No. I just let it go. Trying to make up, puts you in a cycle of going over, feeling bad, going under, then going over again because you feel deprived. Just keep an even keel and be patient with your body and yourself.
  • cburky911
    cburky911 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I try, over the course of a week, to keep my calories even or under my goal. I don't try to "make up" overages in a single day, but then again, when I go over I don't usually go just a little bit over either.
  • SunshineDecember
    SunshineDecember Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Cool, great to hear some different perspectives. I've considered trying to make up for it sometimes, but I always end up being so hungry that it doesn't really work, haha.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    No, I don't. I don't want to get into a binge/starve cycle.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i dont try to eat less the next day. cause i know i need the food to keep me energized. but i will try to exercise a little more to make up for it.
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Cool, great to hear some different perspectives. I've considered trying to make up for it sometimes, but I always end up being so hungry that it doesn't really work, haha.

I am sure you have been under before too. Then going over once in a while prob won't hurt (unless it is daily)

Good luck!