A very non-success success

Options
2»

Replies

• Earguy
    Earguy Posts: 35
    Options
    If you bite it, you write it!

One bad day won't derail you. Just keep track of your intake, maybe exercise a bit more, and stick with it.

Sometimes you take the freeways, other times you take a side trip on the back roads.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    lol im sorry but i didnt even know it was possibe for mpf to tell u that. lol. again im sorry, anyways, stay with us. im kinda hittin a bad patch here myself. ive hit a plateu and im discouraged. and on top of that i baked cookies and been eating yesturday with dinner and today with bfast. sigh :(
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    :drinker: LOVE THIS POST.
    YOU TOTALLY MADE MY DAY. LOVE AT THE EEYORE FEELING AS WE'VE ALL HAD THOSE. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS :heart:
  • denisek80
    denisek80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Seeing this made me log my bad day yesterday, and I will defo be making smarter choices when it comes to alcohol from now on.... Thanks for this post like you I also needed to see it!!
  • goal_digger_2014
    Options
    Thanks for your realness....I had a bad day as well.... (1600 calories over). Thanks for your encouragement for us to keep going no matter what.....
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It would be so nice if I was able to lose weight without logging what I eat, but I can't. This happened when I was a member of weight watchers. At first, I tracked everything that went into my mouth, but then I stopped. I also did their on-line program and the same thing happened. I like the fact that mfp gives you an idea of what your weight would be if you ate over your recommended daily calories. Now we just need to be honest and track EVERYTHING! I hope I continue to keep up with the food diary---my success depends on it. Don't beat yourself up over an off day - you need those every now and then, both psychologically and physiologically.
  • LauraW1219
    LauraW1219 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Log the good and the bad!

Yesterday was Yesterday. Today is a new day. Look forward! Don't give up just because you had a bad day. And the thingy that says whay you'd weight in 5 weeks, DONT USE IT!!! That think could make people crazy.

If it makes you feel any better I was over 746 calories yesterday. But today is a new day and I'm right back on track...

Good Luck!

Exactly!! Laurie62 is complete right. I was getting mad because today is day 8 of my plateau. So my hubby took my measurements 11 days before he was suppose to to shut me up. I lost 4 inches off my waist and 1.5 of my hips. So if the scale isn't moving you could be gaining muscle and losing fat. Log everything and ignore the bottom 5 weeks what you will weight counter. For me I've been doing this since Thanksgiving and it has always been wrong.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    That is a victory. Hopefully, you will now see that one off day hasn't ruined you and is not a reason to give up. :smile:
  • BA1005
    BA1005 Posts: 1
    Options
    last night I too overate... celebrating a friends 40th birthday. i logged everything i ate and was way over my calories for the day. woke up this morning and said to myself that was yesterday start today the right way... we are not perfect and at times will make poor eating decision, it is how we handle the next day that counts... :)
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You absolutely did the right thing. I have been doing this for a year, and didn't log a couple of bad weekends while was away. But I learned that I SHOULD, and I looked at how many days in a year I really blew it, and logged it...it was about 25 days. And I still lost 55 pounds in a year, because I got right back to it. I see the gain from those days, I see the loss when I got back to it. It's all there, and you learn in the process. Sometimes I think it's worth that extra food, and most times it's just NOT. You're on the right track.
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    When I started logging in my food a light buld went on for me in general. I use to log in my bad days but sometimes would stop when I got to 2500 calories. Becoming a concious eater has been a great switch. I just which it didn't take until I was 45 to make the switch. I always ate healthy, just too many carbs and skipping meals. I lowered my carb intake and I now eat 5 times a day and it has made all the difference in the world. Good luck on your journey....
  • fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Way to get back on track! What great choices you're making! :D

I've realised that for me to create a new sustainable lifestyle, I do better giving myself a special indulgence day per week and I've gone over daily cals by 1000! However I compensate over the entire week by being more active. Even with my indulgence days I've lost 5 lbs in 16 days, and the best part is that I'm eating in a more sustainable way I can maintain for the rest of my life - healthfully but also no deprivation - treats in balance with nutrition and exercise. Much more reasonable than bouts of great binges and restrictions. I lost 50 lbs before MFP and now am losing the final 80 before switching to maintenance.

It would be neat if you experimented with what works best for you and shared with us!

Also, if you're interested in learning more about how people manage emotional eating, there's a great book called 'food: the good girl's drug...'

x
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I've always said, I learn more from the bad days than from the good ones.
  • naturallynikki
    Options
    I personally don't think that one bad meal or day is going to seriously hinder your process, especially if you've eaten clean all week. I actually reward myself one cheat meal a week, but only if I stayed within my calories for that week and gave 100% in all of workouts! I find when I allow myself to indulge in a craving for the week, whether that craving is a really good hamburger, a stack of pancakes, or some Haagen Daz Dulce de Leche ice cream, I don't binge or fall off the wagon completely, and the scale is friendly to me when I weigh in! LOL! Good luck to you!!!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    This post is exactly what I needed this morning!!! I have had a bad couple of days! Back on it today!
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options
    Thanks for all the awesome replies! Strangly enough, seeing those numbers actually made me happy in the end - it was the motivation I've been lacking. But to add all of your kindness to it just tops it off.

P.S. My husband blushed a bit when I told him how popular he is now! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!