1100-1200 Calorie Diet Slip Up

Options
I started an 1100-1200 calorie diet a few days ago. The first day went well, the 2nd wasn't so bad, but today I woke up and was STARVING at 9:00 AM. I ate 1/2 a banana but it didn't help...I ended up eating a 320 calorie microwavable meal that was supposed to be a dinner- not a breakfast/snack.

I feel really guilty, frustrated and confused. Am I really hungry, or is my body just used to getting way more food? Tips?

Replies

• fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    ok I ma going to say this- Please dont get mad at me -

I do not think you are eating enough-

when i started my journey- i was the same way- working out all i could and only eating 1200 or less !!

& then one day your body just tells you- "HEY !! i"m not getting enough !!!"

try increasing your intake 1400 ?? healthy, filling foods not just junk- your body will be gratefull
  • KJFairywings
    KJFairywings Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would try to drink 1 eight ounce glass of cold water as soon as you wake up and that should help. I sometimes am hungry when I wake up as well but the water really helps and then I have my coffee after that. I think your body is probably just getting used to the new calorie intake.

If I eat a lot of calories for breakfast I just adjust my lunch or dinner with a lighter meal and that works for me. Hope this helps