What is your daily routine?

Options
Ok guys I hope someone replies to this, what does your daily routine consist off? From all of your meals to work out routine in a weekly schedule.

Replies

• kayla7jackson
    Options
    Monday through Friday:
    5 am: wake up
    5:05 am: 50 squats, 50 crunches, and 50 wall push-ups (to get me going)
    5:45 am: take bus to work
    6:30am: work starts
    7 am: breakfast (oatmeal 130 cal.)
    10 am: snack (normally fruit)
    11:30 am: lunch (vaires but normally around 300-500 calories)
    3 pm: done with work
    3 - 4 pm: gym and tanning
    4:12 pm: snack (normally veggies)
    5 pm: home and shower
    6 pm: dinner
    8 pm: 50 squats, 50 crunches, and 50 wall push-ups
    9 pm: get my stuff ready for the next day
    10 pm: bed

Saturday and Sunday: Free days. I do not have a set schedule because I never know what is planned for the weekend. Goal is to stay within my calorie limit and do at least 30 minutes of exercise each day.
  • VinoFonseca
    VinoFonseca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sigh. I love to eat, so I work out a LOT

Monday
    - AM - elliptical and work w/trainer
    - PM - Group ACTIVE (combo of step, weight, flexibility) and STEP

Tuesday
    - AM - Laps, 1 hour

Wednesday
    - AM - Sleep In!
    - PM - Group CENTERGY (a yoga/pilates combo), STEP, and then TRX or Interval trainer with a Trainer

Thursday
    - AM - Laps, 1 hour

Friday
    AM - Elliptical & Trainer

Saturday
    AM - WIllpower (yoga thing), Group STEP and a racquetball game if I can get a partner

Sunday
    AM - Group CENTERGY
    PM - Group ACTIVE & STEP

I also walk my dog twice daily, about 3 miles total -at least, so long as the weather doesn't prevent me from doing it.
    My fitbit reports I take an average of 25,000 steps daily but it ranges from 15,000 (lots of meetings days) to 40,000 (no meetings, I can get my work done on my walkstation)

As t o Food?
    I try to push about 50 carbs about 1 to 2 hours before a work out. I generally get at least 50 g fat, 100 protein and 40+ fiber daily. My sodium is under 1,000 and frequently under 500.
    I always include a 'luxury' meal weekly. It's not a cheat! I plan for it. I also drink at least 1 glass of wine if not 2 or 3 per week.
    I generally don't eat a lot of red meat - lots of fish, veggies, fruit, etc. Found some good snacks: Kay's Naturals, Quest Bars (170 ish calories for 20 g protein and 17 g fiber! gluten free - best combo I've found), roasted chickpeas, somersaults . . . .

If you want to chat more, friend me.

I lost 110 pounds! and I am keeping it off. My body fat is 17 - 18 %

Depending upon active my day is looking to be and when the luxury meal falls, I eat between 1,700 and 3,000 calories.
  • wrotruck
    wrotruck Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This is a rough outline of my Monday thru Friday and my weekday routine is pretty much always the same.

04:50 - Wake up - Daily Vitamins and pre-workout shake
    05:15 - 07:00 - Gym and get ready for work - Post-workout shake
    07:30 - Work day starts
    10:00 - Almonds as a mid-morning snack
    12:00 - Lunch - Turkey Sandwich and side of either Cottage Cheese, Apple Sauce or possibly a vegetable based soup
    Between 17:30 - 18:00 - Leave work
    Approx 18:30 - Dinner - This is the daily unknown as my wife usually cooks dinner and I have to try and parse calories and nutrients
    20:00 - Bed time for the kids
    20:30 - Make lunches (kids and me) and get my gym bag ready to the next day.
    20:45 - Casin Protein Shake
    21:00 - Bed

Saturday & Sundays are always fairly open but Saturday will have a trip to the gym in there somewhere and Sunday mornings are spent at church. Meals are far less regulated and require me to be very diligent about what I'm eating.

Yes, I pretty much have the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for but, I hope it helps...
  • PuddyBaby
    Options
    A typical day for me would be...

8am... Bowl of fruit and fibre
    9am... 20 minute brisk walk to uni
    .... Dont tend to have lunch normally just a go ahead bar...
    3pm... 45 minutes on cross trainer OR 20 minute yoga sequence and 10 minute ab workout
    5pm... Low calorie tea.. normally chicken, sweet potato mash and vegetables
    9pm... would normally get a bit peckish and have another go ahead bar or some biscuits
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    7:30 - wake up
    8:30 - start work, eat breakfast
    10:30 - snack
    12:30 - lunch
    2:30 - snack
    5:00 - leave work, scream at other drivers
    6:00-ish - dinner
    8:00 or 9:00 - gym for an hour
    10:00 - shower
    10:30 - read/internet/TV
    11:30 - bed

I HATE getting up early, so going to the gym in the morning is not an option. I don't go right after work because it's too crowded, and I hate that humid, warm air. 9:00 seems to be perfect lately. It also means I'm relaxed before I go to bed. I have a very stressful job.

Sometimes I work out at home instead of going to the gym. Or, if I have plans with friends after work, I walk during my 45-minute lunch and then do some light weights (upper body) at home.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    My times vary a bit, since I'm a knocked up stay-at-home mom, but it's something like this:

up somewhere around 7-8, get the kiddo and myself some breakfast. it varies, depending on the cravings of the week. can be cereal and milk with some fruit, cottage cheese and fruit, bagel & cream cheese and fruit, or occasionally eggs and bacon, french toast, or PB toast and fruit. read the news and play with my kid.

I usually have coffee midmorning, otherwise I'll be too tempted to lay down when i put my nearly 1yr old down for her AM nap (9:30ish) once she goes down, I start cleaning. I sweep, swiffer and vaccum every day, clean up the kitchen from the night before; i mop every other day as well as some laundry. with a little one, i swear i could probably do a small load every day!

somewhere around 11:30-12 kiddle gets up, we do lunch- mine varies, but it usually involves salad of some fashion, sometimes a sandwich, maybe some fruit or a yogurt.

midafternoon, if it's nice and the sidewalks are clear (we live in the NE, so snow is a factor) i try to get outside and walk with the kiddle, but if we don't get out there, i usually find i have the most energy for working out sometime in the afternoon. every other day I do upper body strength training with 5lb dumbbells, some pilates-type leg excercises and finish off with some yoga. in all, it's about 40 min. on the days I don't do that, I try to get in a 45 min yoga sequence or get outside and walk, or take the kiddle to the mall and walk. (sometimes this happens a little earlier in the day and lunch is afterwards, depending on kiddle's schedule and my energy level)

late afternoon is a small snack, maybe some fruit, cheese and crackers, or an indulgence of some fashion, while kiddle has a snack of her own.

Dinner is usually between 6-7; my husband is usually at school or the lab until about 6; dinner is highly variable. this week was stroganoff, salmon, chicken enchiladas and then leftovers, tonight is going to be thai red curry with chicken…

I usually have a snack before bed, otherwise I'm friggin hungry as all hell- often times a yogurt or a glass of skim milk with chocolate syrup…

i try to shoot for 10pm bedtime, but it's usually later than that, lately, closer to midnight.
  • GloMash710
    GloMash710 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've lost 13lbs since 12/27/12 with the following routine:

Monday-Saturday - 45 minutes on elliptical & 15 minutes of light weight training (different areas each day) in the morning!
    Breakfast - cheese & coffee
    Snack 1 - 1 serving of lower sugar/carb fruit or nuts. Konsyl fiber supplement with water (keeps things moving)
    Lunch - turkey burger, turkey chili or chicken/steak with veggies, sometimes a salad
    Snack 2 - peanut butter, nuts
    Dinner - chicken soup, salmon or some type of protein & veggie stir fry, a burger patty, sometimes shrimp
    10-14 glasses of water a day.

I'm weighing out everything and staying at 1200 calories a day. I am also doing Atkins so I keeping my carbs under 30 grams daily.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    5:00 am - wake up
    5:06 am - drink Pre-Workout
    5:27 am - get on elliptical do 10 minutes of HIIT's
    5:38 am - See Mon - Fri routine
    6:44 am - drink post workout
    6:45 am - go to work
    7:30 am - eat oatmeal
    7:35 am - log into MFP
    7:36 am - put in food, drink, and exercise
    -Work-
    10:30 am - eat
    -Work-
    1:30 pm - eat
    -Work-
    4:00 pm - head home
    4:30 pm - cook dinner
    5:00 pm - eat
    8:30 pm - protein shake
    8:35 pm - log into MFP finish logging food for the day
    9:00 pm - sleep

-= Current Workout routine =-

Mon - Chest - Triceps - Abs light
    Tue - Back - Biceps
    Wed - Cardio - Abs Heavy
    Thu - Legs
    Fri - Shoulders & Neck - Abs light
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Monday - Friday
    6:30 - 7:30 a.m - Get up, let dogs out, feed the dogs, drink cup of coffee while reading news online, put heat on knee, do physical therapy exercises, get ready for work, let the dogs out, get coffee and breakfast for work, let dogs in, give dogs treats, leave for work.

7:45am - 12p - Work, eat breakfast, do physical therapy exercises under desk

12p - 1p - either go home for lunch (let the dogs out) or run errands

1p - 4:45p - Work, do physical therapy exercises under desk

5p - 6:30p - get home, let dogs out, change into workout gear, let the dogs in, workout, feed dogs, stretch.

6:30p -10p - shower, let dogs out, fix dinner, let dogs in, eat light dinner, ice, then heat knee, watch tv or do work on computer or chores around house, let dogs out, prepare for bed.

Edited to add: My weekends are busy with errands or adoption events, I workout in the morning, try to eat a large late breakfast, early lunch and hope I can eat something during the day.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Mon - Fri
    Up and in the shower at 6:15
    Kiss the wife, pet the dogs, grab my prepacked breakfast and lunch and on the road at 6:50
    Work starts at 7:30
    Cup of coffee and breakfast at 8:15 or 8:30
    Lunch at 11:30
    Afternoon snack at 2:30
    Leave at 4:30
    Dinner at 5:30
    Exercise 6:30 - 7:30 (6:30 - 7:00 T & Th)
    Pack tomorrow's lunch 8:00
    Bowl of cereal around 8:30 or 9:00
    Bed around 11 or 11:30

Saturday is a free for all

Sunday - up at 7:00
    Wife and I go to breakfast around 8:00
    After breakfast, we go bowling then grocery shopping and normally home by noon.
    The rest of the day is a free for all.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Monday - Friday

7am - 8:30 am - Get up shower, get ready and commute to work
    9:00 am - coffee with kashi berry crumble cereal & almond milk
    11:30 am - midmorning snack (some type of fruit, usually a banana or cuties)
    1:00 pm - lunch: salad with chicken, 1/2 avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, with 2.5 tbsp of Trader Joes' cilantro dressing
    3:00 pm - afternoon snack ( cup of edamame, carrots, string cheese, greek yogurt - depends on my mood)
    5:30 - 7pm- preworkout snack - apple or banana, sit in traffic, drive to the gym
    7pm-8:30pm - hour of cardio on the elliptical and 30 minutes of weights
    9pm - dinner: 4oz of chicken, 1.5 cups of steamed veggies, 1/4 cup of brown rice
    10pm and beyond - lounge and watch tv.

If by the end of the night I'm still hungry, I eat two hard boiled eggs
  • JennNewStart
    Options
    Sounds great Thanks for the tips :)
    I been eating healthier for a week and I already feel better, adding water to my everyday and I feel more energized and clean lol.
    The only thing is I am always 800 calories under my goal, is that bad? I am honestly not hungry since I started the eating 3 times a day with small snacks in between but my calorie goal is still under advised.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Sounds great Thanks for the tips :)
    I been eating healthier for a week and I already feel better, adding water to my everyday and I feel more energized and clean lol.
    The only thing is I am always 800 calories under my goal, is that bad? I am honestly not hungry since I started the eating 3 times a day with small snacks in between but my calorie goal is still under advised.

It's probably a bad thing. We could give you better advice on how you could improve if your diary was open, however. :)
  • guwisti
    guwisti Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    5 a.m. - Wake up and walk on treadmill for 20 minutes
    5:30 - Get ready for work
    6:45 - Take dogs for a short 5-10 minute walk
    7 a.m. - Leave for work
    7:45 - Get to work, make breakfast (either turkey sausage and boiled eggs or light frozen breakfast sandwich and coffee)
    8 a.m. - start work
    10 a.m. - mid morning snack - (special k cereal bar, pretzels, banana or some such other item - around 90 calories)
    Noon - lunch (frozen "healthy" meal easy to keep in the freezer at work) sometimes with some special k chips or banana or orange)
    3 p.m. - mid afternoon snack (similar to morning snack)
    5 p.m. - head home
    5:45 - Another 5-10 minute dog walk
    5:45 - 30 minute workout (usually a workout dvd while husband walks on the treadmill)
    7 p.m. - Dinner (sometimes fast food in our calorie range, frozen meal, soup, homemade whatever, restaurant)
    9:30 pm. - 5-10 minute dog walk and Bedtime

Weekends: Don't usually schedule in exercise, but we're usually outside geocaching so it happens naturally. Still watch what we eat. I fit it in, but try to do it outside, geocaching, hiking, walking at the gun range while husband shoots, fishing, etc.

Not the best food choices, but i'm losing and trying to start making some better decisions. As long as it's in my calorie goal and i'm still losing, sometimes convenience doesn't bother me one bit. :D
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Work days
    Up at 5
    Breakfast: protein mug cake
    Boxing gym from 6:30 - 7:45
    Work 8:30 - 5:00 pm (usually no lunch break)
    Food: Cliff bars and bananas all day then I pick something up for dinner like salad, chicken stew, sushi (roughly 2400 calories, 100 grams protein for maintenance)

School days
    Up at 5
    Boxing gym from 6:30 - 8:00 or 5:00pm - 6:30
    Class from 10 am - 4:00
    Food that afternoon: salad from the cafeteria salad bar, chocolate, rice crackers, fruit
    After class: either gym ( dinner is a cliff bar before and banana with oatmeal after) or study ( dinner at home is meat, veggies, rice, or dinner at school is another salad).

Weekends (Firday through Sunday)
    Up at 6
    Box on Friday and Saturday and study study study
    Sunday is workout of choice: hiking, running, boot camp, yoga, soccer, whatever...
    Lunch and dinner on weekends is usually eating out, so it really varies, but not that much from my general diet of: chicken or pork, veggies, rice, salads, and candy / chocolate. I also might have a scotch or three over the weekend.
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    4:45 wake up get ready for work
    5:45 leave for work includes a mile walk to train station
    7:15 arrive at work
    8:00 have breakfast at work
    11:00 have a snack at work
    12:30 have lunch at work
    14:30 go to gym (my work has a gym)
    18:00 leave work
    20:00 get home
    20:30 eat dinner and watch tv
    23:00 sleep

Weekends are different
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Work days:

4:30am - wake up
    5am - Yoga (60-80 minutes)
    6 or 6:20am - Breakfast (usually egg based or a protein smoothie), internet while I eat
    7am - taking a dog for a walk 1 hour
    8am - shower, makeup, hair etc :-)
    9am- leaving for work,...eating healthy snacks/meals through the day as hunger comes......working till 7pm
    7:30pm - fix healthy dinner, shower, eat, prep food for tommorow
    9:30pm - bed time

Days off:
    sleep in till whenever
    Yoga 60-80 minutes
    Breakfast
    Dog walk
    FUN :-)
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    5:30 Wake up
    6:00 Eat breakfast
    7:40 Leave
    9-3:35 School
    5:00 Home and cook dinner
    6:00 Eat
    7:30 Gym
    8:30 Shower
    10:00 Go bed
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Monday - Friday

4:40 AM: Get up and get ready to work out.

5 AM - 6:30 AM: Work out

6:30 AM - 7:30 AM: Get ready for work

7:30 AM - 8:05 AM: Walk to work / Bus - depending on the weather

8:10 PM - 5:45 PM: Work

5:45 PM - 6:30 PM: Travel home

6:30 PM - 10:00 PM: Complete every day life tasks, hang with friends and eat etc.

10:30 PM: Bed.

Rinse and repeat for 5 days!

Saturday and Sunday I have rest days.

Wednesday is an off exception at the minute, as of next week I'm not going to work out, only walk to work. I'm close to my goal weight so starting to reduce now.
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Monday-Friday

7:00- wake up, eat breakfast
    8:00- get to work, walk up 12 flights of stairs to get there
    10:00- snack (usually fruit or almonds and carrots)
    12:00- lunch
    3:00- afternoon snack, fruit, almonds, or chocolate
    5:00-6:30- gym, T/TH - 30 min weightlifting, 60 min bootcamp or kickboxing M/W/F- bootcamp, kickboxing, or 4-5 mile run
    7:00- dinner
    8:00- TV/reading, etc
    11:00- bed

Saturday I also go to the gym, usually my toughest workout of the week, and Sunday I play soccer or go for a run. I usually take Friday off if possible.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!