Quinoa recipes

Options
Hi does anyone know some good recipes that have quinoa in it??? Please message me @SarahCowan1992

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • NachoEverydayChick
    NachoEverydayChick Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try using it in place of rice in almost any recipe. Also, pilaf type recipes work really well with quinoa.
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    You might find some good ideas in this other thread from a couple days ago:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/851797-quinoa-recipes
  • sazzledazzle78
    Options
    I've just made a huge pan of veg chilli with sweet potato, aubegine, cauli, cabbage, tomatoes, chilli, herbs and spices and basically left overs from my veg drawer. I am going to serve it tonight with a mix of quinoa and bulgur wheat. Also use quinoa for feta salads x
  • karenmichellecook
    Options
    Epicurious.com has a great recipe (under the healthy section) for ginger shrimp, sugar snap pea and corn stir fry that I love to serve over quinoa. They also make quinoa in the shape of spaghetti noodles that tastes awesome in Italian dishes!
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I made this one last night - very yummy:

Full link at The Kitchn: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-quinoa-and-black-bean-salad-with-orange-coriander-dressing-recipes-from-the-kitchn-182318

Quinoa and Black Bean Salad with Citrus-Coriander Dressing
    Serves 4-6
    1 cup uncooked quinoa (any color), rinsed and drained
    2 cups water
    2 large oranges
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
    1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    Freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup chopped cilantro
    1 1/2 cups (or 1 can) cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
    1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced

Place quinoa and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer over low heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork and spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool.

Prepare oranges while quinoa is cooling. Finely grate the zest of one orange and set aside. Supreme both oranges, reserving the juice (squeeze the orange membranes after segmenting), and set aside.

In a small bowl, whisk together orange zest, 3 tablespoons of orange juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, coriander seeds, salt, a few cracks of pepper, and chopped cilantro. Adjust seasonings if desired.

Place quinoa, black beans, onion, and orange segments in a large bowl and stir gently to combine. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.

Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    http://www.soveryblessed.com/2012/02/buffalo-chicken-quinoa-bites.html

I love these. I just made them the other day.
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    there are thousands of wonderful quiona recipes... if you have a pinterest account search there! I litereally look at what I have and serch two key ingredients and voila! My current favorite is Kale leek and quinoa soup because Kale and Quinoa are two of my favorite foods.