Avocados

Options
I am looking for new ways to eat avocados, besides guacamole or just eating slices of the avocado. What are your favorite (easy and quick) recipes/ways to use an avocado?

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    There was a thread on this a couple of hours ago as well as many others if you run a search.
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    Avocado salsa? Chop tomatoes, avocado, spring onion and herbs. Mix together with a little olive oil
  • k_winder
    k_winder Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll look for other threads.
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    I had a chicken bacon and avocado sandwich last week ;-)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i also eat mine cut up, add tomatoes, feta or goat cheese and greek dressing.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I have a very lax taste palate myself. I mush an avocado up and put protein powder in it for a faux mousse
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Avocado salsa? Chop tomatoes, avocado, spring onion and herbs. Mix together with a little olive oil

YUMMY
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Following...
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    I like to scramble egg whites.....toast a slice or two of bread.....and just spread the avocado on the toast. Soooo good!!
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    One of my favorite's is to whip them up in a home made mayo. Add the avocado and pulse the food processor a bit more til it's creamy. PUT THAT STUFF ON EVERYTHING!
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    For the sake of being inherently lazy when I'm eating avocado at lunch. I cut it in half and eat it with a spoon out of the shell.
  • Ddkrause
    Options
    Mix avocado with diced or shredded chicken for a nummy chicken salad! Have not tried it with tuna or salmon, but it may be good, too. Chop cucumber, tomatoes and avocados and mix with some light ranch or light italian dressing. You can add green peppers, onions, feta and other fun stuff as well.
  • potatoqueen1
    potatoqueen1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Spread on whole grain toast
    With scrambled eggs and tomatoes
  • Dixie_Darling
    Options
    I just made a big batch of avocado pesto pasta last night. It's a vegan recipe but totally delicious! You can find it on the Post Punk Kitchen website :)
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I use avocado instead of mayo for tuna salad. Gives it a different flavor and cuts out the gross mayo.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    cut in half, sprinkle salt and pepper on it, and eat it with a spoon... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm sometimes i add some tapatio on top or lime juice... mmmmmmmmmm
  • sevfam
    sevfam Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Use a tiny bit of olive oil mayo on whole wheat bread, sliced avocado, garlic salt, pepper and lemon juice. Yum! That was my lunch yesterday.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I will have to find the recipe, or you could Google it, but I used to make an avocado smoothie. Avocado, almond milk, yogurt, honey (don't remember amounts atm). Sweet and creamy. So good, I will have to make it again!
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I dice up avocado and put it on my salads. I also found this recipe on Pinterest... via skinnytaste.com. I changed a few ingredients but overall it was pretty tasty!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/06/shrimp-quesadillas-with-tomato-avocado.html
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Avocado, sliced
    Grape tomatoes, halved
    Garbanzo beans, drained
    Mango, sliced
    Italian dressing

Mix together and enjoy like a salad! Add or subtract any ingredients you don't like or don't have.