lost 8-9kg and then put 3 back on :( how do i lose the 3 i p

cass130287
cass130287 Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
i have gone from 69/70kg to 60-61kg in about 5 months the last month i have gone back up to 63.5kg and i am so depressed about it worked so hard to lose that much i had never been over 60kg before my healthy weight is about 55kg and i am desperate to reach that weight again. i run 6 km 3-4 times a week about 9min mile and play netball once a week. any tips? i seem to stick to 1200 cal a day or less but i am not really losing anymore,
Cass

Replies

• gazholt
    gazholt Posts: 3 Member
    Have you gained muscle? try varying your eating pattern and exersise regime to a different body area
  • hepkitty
    hepkitty Posts: 132 Member
    Hey

You sound similar to me, I dropped 7kgs in 3 months and then spent a month sitting on the same weight...What worked for me is instead of only eating 1200, I ate my BMR (1500) plus some of my exercise calories.. I think if your BMR is much more than 1200 then your body gets freaked and goes into starvation mode...and clings to every calorie so you don't lose!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I had this happen a while back. I actually started eating 150-200 more calories per day and it started coming off again. I don't know why this works, but it does.
  • Hi Cass

I have the same problem. I am about 61 kg and would like to be 55. I've started doing body pump classes along with military boot camp classes and I must say although my body is changing (I can see it and others told me too) I hardly weigh less nowadays. With exercise your body turns the fat into muscle, which weighs much more! My friend who is a body pump teacher, weighs 55kg and she is a size 6! We have 2 dress sizes between us, although she is 'only about 12lbs less than me! It goes to show that scales are c**p, she always says to me to get rid of it! Use a tape measure instead, it works for me! Good luck x
  • thanks for the feedback guys :)
    yeh it is hard not to look at weight as an indicator of fat lost - i have increased intensity of excercise i run about 40 mins a day 6 times a week now - running about 5 min per km which is the fastest i have been in a long time, i havent weighed myself yet i am too scared to ! i am sure i have increased muscle which obviously weighs more it just makes me depressed when i weigh more :( i am sticking to about 900 cal a day maybe less when you subtract cal from excercise - does everyone think this will work?

I want to do body pump classes and stuff but i am scared to go by myself - i usually stick to running

Cass
This discussion has been closed.