i cant stop thinking about food... whats for dinner?

Options
Is it normal to think about food all the time? also just wondering what everyone is having for dinner? as i dont know what to have :)

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Is it normal to think about food all the time? also just wondering what everyone is having for dinner? as i dont know what to have :)

If you're literally thinking about it all the time I don't think that's normal or healthy.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

If you're literally thinking about it all the time I don't think that's normal or healthy.

agreed
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm eating pizza and wangs for the Championship games later.
  • ASkinnyGirl713
    ASkinnyGirl713 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Haha. I also think aout food non stop. Now I try to think "What good things can I eat?" I also immediately drink a full glass of water when I am really thinking about food. Helps me to curb urges better and think logically about what to eat. I am probably going to eat leftover fajita fixings from last night but using large leaf lettuce to wrap instead of a tortilla. ( spicy chicken, Weight Watchers low fat shredded cheese, chopped up onions, red peppers, carrots and cucumbers) Delicious !
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Replace thoughts of food with thoughts of S _ _ and you'll be considered normal again in my books :happy:

Homemade sweet chili thai/lime mayo chicken burger with homemade bone dust seasoning and fresh veggies and a glass of orange juice (because I feel like I'm catching something, usually I drink water or milk)
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options

agreed

I'm not normal. I literally think of food all the time.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm making my husband a healthy-ish version of a Juicy Lucy burger and a low-fat version of chips (fries). I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm also getting tomorrow night's dinner of a slow-cooker ginger beer ham on to cook.
  • Kakellyanne
    Options

Oh yeah i'm not normal anyway.. normal is boring, im still going to think of food all the time im awake then when i go to bed im going to dream about it ;)
  • CombatGirl93
    CombatGirl93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think about food quite a lot, I try to ignore them as 99% of the time they're cravings :P
    I'm having ramen (using chopsticks!) followed by some fruit and a yogurt! I had my roast dinner yesterday so that's not an option today :wink:
  • Id say its in my thoughts more than other people but I dont think im super obsessive but that has been debated by my friends. I think im going to have boiled ham with plain sweet potato mash and some vegs :)
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I think about food a lot, because I like to plan ahead as much as possible. Eh, don't love it, but that's the way it goes.

Tonight's dinner is scrambled eggs with sausage and cheese. Not to worry, I will have had all of my healthier foods by the time dinner rolls around! Right now I'm eating a huge salad with lots of veggies.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love food but I don't think about it all the time, unless your a chef or baker. I think you need to discipline your thinking. Controlling your thoughts...
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Nah - first week and a half of cutting back calories, I thought about food nearly every minute I was awake. I DREAMED about food. That's pretty normal when you're starting out. 1) Your body is adjusting to less food, making you hungry and thus thinking about food. 2) You are trying to change how you eat, which requires concentration and makes you think about food. Eventually you'll settle into it - if it goes on long term, that's when it's a problem.

I have no idea what's for dinner. I hope it involves gravy.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Cajun Smothered Cabbage with Smoked Sausage. May have some cornbread with it.
  • Kanohane
    Kanohane Posts: 112 Member
    Options

agreed

I'm not normal. I literally think of food all the time.
    Same....
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Its cause you're calorie counting!!!! I think about it too a lot haha
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I think about food a lot too.. mostly because A. I like to cook and B. if I don't, I don't eat enough

Dinner:
    sauteed onions, pepper, garlic and pork chops with mozzarella, avocado, salsa, jalapenos, hot sauce, all on a tortilla with a squeeze of lime. So good.

Looking up low cal cheesecake recipes as we speak. LOL. I have a ton of strawberries.. need to use them!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I'm making stone ground oats with apples and cinnamon in the crock pot. My husband just put a pizza in the oven. Pizza will be ready first. Hmmmm. I wonder which one will win:)
  • Arakazi
    Arakazi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had Bacon Carbonara. 575cals and it was delicious!