Just a rant!

Options
So, two weeks into this new life style and I've lost 4 pounds :happy: Its been damn hard work, but I'm determined! So after two weeks of cutting back on my calorie intake and watching hubby eat and drink whatever he wants when ever he wants I'm feeling good about myself. Not that he's really encouraged me or anything...but I know what I'm doing is life changing. So we just finished eating our Sunday dinner (the one time I allow myself to have a treat) and he says...you know, I stepped on the scale today, and I've lost a pound and a half mad: :angry: :explode: REALLY???? You've done nothing but gorge on everything in sight....and still managed to not gain an single pound? I lost it. Now, if he were out exercising all the time, great...but no he isn't. And the point isn't that he has or hasn't gained weight...but that he needed to tell me. He hasn't done a thing.....grrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: :explode: Ok...rant over, off to drink some more water while hubby drinks his 6th beer of the day.

Replies

• jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I know it can be frustrating...but men seem to be able to lose weight a lot easier than women sometimes. So while it may seem like he's "gorging" or eating/drinking a lot he may be consuming less than he did before. Try to be happy for him though! Just keep concentrating on you...

Congrats on your weight loss so far too! :smile:
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Awww, in the long run you'll be better off.
    My boyfriend is "bulking" which is some kinda of musle talk, which means, eat everything.
    I'mn on 1,300 calories a day, and i log them all. He's now joined MFP, and he likes me to log all his calories too.
    It's pretty gutting that hes had 3 scones with a whopping 260 calories each in.
    Some of my meals have less calories then one of those scones.
    Its mega annoying.
    He's gonna have to start logging it himself, otherwise i'm gonna start resenting him
    x
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    doesnt take much to make you mad! be happy he lost weight, does he need to?
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. When myself and my boyfriend see people that we haven't seen in a while they keep telling HIM that he lost weight! What about me?? Im the only actually doing exercise and watching what I eat! He is only losing because I am cooking healthier food and making us smaller portion sizes. So unfair!
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i know im really pissed my oh doesnt help me lose weight he encourages me to eat ****, and he doesnt encourage me to excersise either coz he does care if im fat or thin, but i care and today im frustrated i havent done a workout and i cant do it infront of him so i guess i got to try and get him on wii sport to get a cardio workout in xx without him knowing why im doing it lol
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Focus on your own goals. everbody's different we can't have what other people have because then we wouldn't be ourselves.You'll get there if you're doing it right anyway.
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I went from around 140 to.200 when I got pregnant. I workered really hard to get it off. My hubby switched jobs and works night now instead of working from home and has lost over 30 lbs in less than a few months. He goes thru a case of Pepsi, 2 boxes of zebra cakes, 2 gallons on chocolate milk, and a bunch of other crap a week. But works a factor job every other week so he isn't sitting all day any more. It can really be frustrating. And worst part is no one notices my lose but does his :(
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Lot's of things aren't fair - don't sweat the little things! It's not a contest or a race and while he isn't supporting you now, hopefully he will appreciate your efforts when you get where you want to be. If not, so what - you did it for you:flowerforyou:
  • softy_feet
    Options
    Aww...I know how it is. My husband says he'll "do it with me", while I watch him sneak food. Then when I have a treat, it's "Should you be eating that?"

People lose weight at different rates. Some of us need to work harder than others. Lots harder it seems sometimes!

BUT we can do this--congrats on your weight loss! You are well on your way!! Keep doing what you are doing, hang in there, and get your encouragement from here when you need it. :)
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I feel you! Mine ate 3 double deals from Mcdonalds yesterday -he added big mac sauce and a large coke, I had a WATER! Then this huge carb cajun shrimp dish he made, I had grilled green beans and chicken. O and WATER! this morning he says I weighed 198! (loss of 2-3 pds) I said well GREAT!!!! :) Its ok we are created different-

You'll get alot of sacastic remarks in ur post- people on here are real pizzey lately, but I understand you were venting and its kind of funny! Have a great week, and stick with it .......
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Karma, have faith, Karma will help you out
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    sounds about right...

i had been exercising my *kitten* off...and being very strict with my food/calorie intake and was down maybe a pound and half a week after just a few weeks. ...not as much as i would have liked....my husband said, since I stopped drinking beer last (about one week of time had past) i dropped 5 pounds. (grr...so not fair...tis life...I struggle on). :)
  • swanarae
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! I think that is fabulous! :) Your hard work is paying off.

I imagine that you are cooking healthier meals and your husband is now eating them and reaping the benefits as well.
    I completely understand your frustration. My hubs is losing more and faster than I am and while he is eating the healthier meals that I now cook, he also eats a bunch of crap stuff at work and when we eat out a lot of times he does not choose the healthier options.

Just focus on how well you are doing because you are doing great! Be proud of yourself for losing weight as well as for helping your husband shed a couple pounds without him realizing you were doing it.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i eat all the time ..five to six times a day but try to eat the healthy stuff .. im stuffed after i eat and i feel like i ate a feast a lot of times ..that 1 1/2 lb couldve possibly been a water weight thing so i wouldnt get too upset about that .. think of the goal and why you got in to this in the first place . and always rember " You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belieff that you can't have it"...
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    He would probably be horrified if he knew his comment had upset you to this level (although I am with you on that front, I would be really annoyed if I were in your position), sounds like he just needs to have a little lesson in tact, maybe you need to have a bit of a chat with him.
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. When myself and my boyfriend see people that we haven't seen in a while they keep telling HIM that he lost weight! What about me?? Im the only actually doing exercise and watching what I eat! He is only losing because I am cooking healthier food and making us smaller portion sizes. So unfair!

I'm with you on this too, me and my boyfriend have lost 3 and a half stone each and people mainly comment on his weight, which is really annoying! I have put it down to the fact that I am quite a bit taller than him, therefore I carry my weight much better, whereas his was on his middle and face so I think its more noticeable straight away. Gets on my nerves though, I feel like screaming "What about me!!" He is a sweetie though and always says back, what about Emma though, shes lost as much as me! Aww :)
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I get frustrated when my husband loses faster than I do just because it seems he doesn't have to fight as hard to lose as me. I am glad when he is successful though, I just wish I could be AS successful as he is.Way to go on your weight loss though and just keep up what you are doing !
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...just needed a rant. I know its not much...but its just so frustrating. Glad to know that "most" of you understand what I'm saying. I'll keep plugging away at it :smile: a little at a time. I think he knows he said something to upset me...he's being awfully nice, while he sits next to me eating chocolates :laugh: Off for another glass of water :wink: