Help! Sports Bras for Bustier Women

Options
I'm looking to buy a new sports bra, because the one I have right now really isn't cutting it for me. But I'm having difficulty finding one that really does a decent job of holding me in place when I go jogging. I wanted to look for some suggestions and recommendations before I make a purchase. Thanks!

(I'm a 38F, if that makes any difference.)

Replies

• kerriotto
    Options
    I wear the Moving Comfort Maia. Its an encapsulation bra (rather than compression) so I don't really move around. I prefer the clasp in the back rather than a pull over one because I have a hard time getting off the pull over ones when I'm sweaty.
  • NorthieLuds
    Options
    If you order a sports bra from Bravissimo then I don't think you will be disappointed. Just make sure you get one with under wiring!
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Enell is the best that I've found.
  • lthurn2005
    Options
    I wondered this myself!!
  • MommaHoff
    MommaHoff Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would love to find one that fits right and holds me in place. I'm a 36/38 H. I find it hard to find any kind of bra that fits me right.
  • lthurn2005
    Options
    I wondered this myself!!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34F and I swear by Shock Absorber sports bras. I just got a gorgeous purple and turquoise one that (if I weren't quite so fat) I'd be happy wearing as outerwear. :-D
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I don't have a specific recommendation of brand for you, but I can say that it often helps to go down a number size and up a cup size to keep things in place. It should feel very snug below your breasts, although not so snug you can't breathe!
  • natshaw19
    natshaw19 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Shockabsorber - as per above it great for women with larger busts. I love mine!! and wouldn't be without them.
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    :smile: Im wearing mine in my pic its best one ive ever had Panache Sports bra!
  • adventure_em
    adventure_em Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My problem is finding on that is under $60. Do any of you have suggestions (36D here)? I tried targets version of an encapsulation bra, but it was awful.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    omg This thread is AWESOME!! I've been searching for a good sports bra FOREVER!!! I'm a 42H- Definitely going to try the Shock Absorber! :)
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    I'm a 38F too and I have a shock absorber. Works great!
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    My problem is finding on that is under $60. Do any of you have suggestions (36D here)? I tried targets version of an encapsulation bra, but it was awful.

Try the Hanes Shaping Foam Sports bra HC60 at Sears. The asking price is about $24, but they always have sales at 20-40% off. Right now on-line at Sears.com' they're asking $14.40 thru Jan 22nd.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I did try Enell after recommendations here, but it doesn't seem suitable for women with a larger cup size and smaller underbust size. I found that it was loose around the underbust but too tight around midbust, so that everything was squeezing out of the sides and top! I also didn't think the outline it offered was aesthetically pleasing, but that would have been OK if it fitted and worked. I could see that it might work well if you were the right bodyshape for it.

I never had much luck with Shock Absorbers at any size. I do really like the Panache sports bra. It's very comfortable (more so than a "normal" bra) and gives a good shape (not too much of a "monoboob"). However, it doesn't completely stop bounce.
  • ejmerckley
    ejmerckley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is a perfect place to find a good sports bra for us more bustier girls :)http://beyondthebathroomscale.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/finding-perfect-sports-bra.html I am ordering a new one in a few days!
  • Oh my gosh, I went to lunch and came back to a bunch of great answers! I'm going to research all of these, and I'm sure I'll be able to find on now. Really, thanks so much.

An additional question: I buy most of my bras from Cacique. Has anyone tried their sports bras? Thoughts?
  • mandi9041
    mandi9041 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Here ya go!

http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Absorber-Womens-Extreme-Support/dp/B000XKJZ3K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1DJU5B1Z5CZBZ&coliid=I1RZ5C40G94KXE

I am also an F. I got this bra at Christmas and have worn it to teach Zumba classes. It's great!
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I wear Champion Brand. They make a Maximum Support bra bra for larger bust. I use mine for running and Zumba!
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Fiona. Only thing that keeps me from giving myself black eyes. ;)