Ladies with Large Frames and Broad Shoulders

Options
2»

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Yikes, I like to avoid these types.

I definitely have this type of frame though....

I was 6"0 267lbs in college and got bod podded at 17.4% body fat...I think my wrists are like 9 inches or something and I have 20 something inch calves without cankles so my ankles are a lot smaller.

What can I say, for a dude its good if you can keep the weight off....as far as attracting men....ahhh, yaaaa, uhhh....not too good ladies.

-1/10

more like -10/10
  • eris1981
    eris1981 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I was 6"0 267lbs in college and got bod podded at 17.4% body fat...I think my wrists are like 9 inches or something and I have 20 something inch calves without cankles so my ankles are a lot smaller.

What can I say, for a dude its good if you can keep the weight off....as far as attracting men....ahhh, yaaaa, uhhh....not too good ladies.

To be someone who said on another board this morning that he's not into the social aspect of MyFitnessPal and therefore looking for another calorie tracking site, you surely are going out of your way to comment on message boards and leave mean comments for other members. You claim other members have low intelligence yet you post insulting things like this? What is your problem? MyFitnessPal is a site for support, and you are NOT being supportive at all! I agree with you, you really do need to find another site to track your calories because this isn't a good fit for you at all.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Lmao 9 inch wrists at 6"0 , mine are 8.5 and I'm 4 inches taller :laugh: .
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

To be someone who said on another board this morning that he's not into the social aspect of MyFitnessPal and therefore looking for another calorie tracking site, you surely are going out of your way to comment on message boards and leave mean comments for other members. You claim other members have low intelligence yet you post insulting things like this? What is your problem? MyFitnessPal is a site for support, and you are NOT being supportive at all! I agree with you, you really do need to find another site to track your calories because this isn't a good fit for you at all.

it is intentional...dont let it bug you
  • PrinnyMartel
    PrinnyMartel Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Yeah, what the heck, man? Your preferences are your business. But if you're not going to say anything constructive, keep it to yourself.

ETA: :noway:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful...ive done sports all my life, so i too have broad shoulders...don't let others bring you down....you are spectacular.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    i would really do the wrist and elbow measurements you might be surprised. height and foot size will only give you very slight indicators if you have a large frame. i have a large frame and yes i did the measurements :) i have the same size of bone structure as my husband. i am 5'4" with size 10 feet. i have an hourglass body shape so a large frame isn't very noticeable because of my shapely thighs, hips, bust, arms, and small waist. since losing the weight i have been packing around for a few years i can see more of my body again. it was hard to tell what i actually had going on when i was 100lbs heavier.

wrist and elbow measurements are not all that reliable as they don't always correlate to the size of the rib cage, shoulders and pelvis (and those three don't always go together, hence the inverted triangle shape with big ribs/shoulders and a smaller pelvis). Body fat percentage is much better for everyone, regardless of frame size, as it measures the actual amount of fat your body's carrying. A healthy body fat percentage is the same whatever your frame size. You'll know if you have a large frame with body fat percentage, because your lean body mass (how much you would weigh if all the fat was removed from your body) will be heavier than average for your height.

I have a large frame, 5'1" and 100lb lean body mass (130lb total weight, 22-23% body fat). I have a big rib cage and big shoulders and I'm an inverted triangle too.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Body-shaming for teh fail.

OP: I'm not an expert on body structure, but you might surprise yourself with what you'll be able to fit into by the end. When we lose weight, we usually don't just drop pounds, our body composition shifts, too. And if you're busty (like me), your boobs will get smaller and that opens up a WORLD of shirt possibilities.
  • eris1981
    eris1981 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm taller than you (5'10") but also wear size 12 or 13 shoes and have a large frame . . . I had the wrist measurement thing done at an overpriced weight loss center place in high school and confirmed . . . Anyway, you looking very proportionate and are rocking your broad shoulders. And as someone else said, even if you have to keep shopping in the plus size section for tops, imagine how much healthier you'll feel. And you look AMAZING now! :)
  • PrinnyMartel
    PrinnyMartel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. I'm just under 240 and nobody believes me!! I have broad shoulders, and my arms are each about 5 inches longer than they should be, so I feel like I look like a gorilla sometimes T~T. Nobody else has ever commented on it, it's just my own insecurities.
    I even back in high school, I don't think I weighed less than 180. Really hoping my frame balances out, but we'll see! :drinker:

*also I'm 5"10
  • jennlandau
    jennlandau Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and am large framed too. I have more of a pear shape, pretty much the same width from shoulders to waist then my hips and thighs are larger. I've been told by doctors that I'll probably be no smaller than a 14/16 because of it. I so hope they're wrong - only because my NSV is to walk into a non-plus-size store and be able to grab something off the rack!

Don't get discouraged on the idea of 14/16 as a final size. At that size, the world of regular size shopping is your ocean. All of the department stores, big box & discount retailers carry that size in their regular sections. Most go up to an 18 actually. Even my local consignement shop goes to t14/16 size before you have to go next door to their plus shop. Shopping where ever I want is one of my goals too and I already know all of the places that I can go at a 14/16. Let's hope the budget can keep up!
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options

That was totally uncalled for. If you're not here to be helpful and positive, get off the site.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

how-very-interesting-come-closer-and-tell-me-more-tiger.jpg
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

That was totally uncalled for. If you're not here to be helpful and positive, get off the site.

that guys has been trolling the forums this morning. nothing he says means anything. he's just trying to get a rise out of people.

to the OP... ignore what he wrote. he's doing an act. like Don Rickles did an act. that's all it is. this is his schtick today. try to get people wound up for his own amusement. what he says means nothing.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have broad shoulders. I wear a small to medium shirt at a healthy weight but i also have small breasts. Finding jackets that fit my shoulders but aren't huge in the waist is a problem though. A tailor can help that though.
  • cheangela1
    Options
    You are simply radiant and judging by your keen sense of style, you're going to look fabulous regardless of what happens. Truth be told, we are ever-changing. When I gain weight, it seems to cluster in my chest, arms, and backside. When I lost 75 pounds 4 years ago, I lost the arms, thighs, and found some killer waistline, but my chest and butt remained large and in-charge (NOT complaining).

Coming from a fellow "shoulder" girl, you'll feel a lot better about your physique if you put those guns to work. Pushups, back excercises, yummy arm workouts will be your friend. Serena Williams is a goddess and inspiration for me... as are several volleyball players and swimmers that share our proud shoulders. They are examples of how when you treat your shoulders right, there are great rewards. Embrace the positivity you gorgeous woman! Friend me if you need a fellow linebacker on your team xoxo.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options

Serena Williams is a goddess and inspiration for me... as are several volleyball players and swimmers that share our proud shoulders.
    ^^^^^
    this
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    It means a lot to me to read all the positive responses. I am on a mission to be as fit as possible by eating healthy and exercising. I am confident that this will help me feel better about my body. I wish it hadn't taken me 44 years for me to figure it all out...but better late than never.

Thanks a bunch! :flowerforyou:
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    i would really do the wrist and elbow measurements you might be surprised. height and foot size will only give you very slight indicators if you have a large frame. i have a large frame and yes i did the measurements :) i have the same size of bone structure as my husband. i am 5'4" with size 10 feet. i have an hourglass body shape so a large frame isn't very noticeable because of my shapely thighs, hips, bust, arms, and small waist. since losing the weight i have been packing around for a few years i can see more of my body again. it was hard to tell what i actually had going on when i was 100lbs heavier.

wrist and elbow measurements are not all that reliable as they don't always correlate to the size of the rib cage, shoulders and pelvis (and those three don't always go together, hence the inverted triangle shape with big ribs/shoulders and a smaller pelvis). Body fat percentage is much better for everyone, regardless of frame size, as it measures the actual amount of fat your body's carrying. A healthy body fat percentage is the same whatever your frame size. You'll know if you have a large frame with body fat percentage, because your lean body mass (how much you would weigh if all the fat was removed from your body) will be heavier than average for your height.

I have a large frame, 5'1" and 100lb lean body mass (130lb total weight, 22-23% body fat). I have a big rib cage and big shoulders and I'm an inverted triangle too.

Thanks for the information about body fat percentage. My 11 year old daughter is 5'10", wears a size 12 shoe and weighs 140 lbs. She wears a size 7 or 9 pants. I believe she has a large frame. She is slim but she is not skinny, if that makes sense. Although she is slim, her bones are heavy.

When my daughter was a baby, a nurse told me that she felt like a sack of potatoes, where as most babies felt light and airy. Your explanation of body fat percentage and lean body mass makes it clear to me why she feels so heavy despite being slim.