Any good or interesting smoothie recipes? Heh

Replies

• Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I made these to put in the freezer..
    1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries
    2/3rd of a banana
    then using a muffin tin I froze 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt.

On work days I'll throw that in the blender (new too!) with a cup of milk and maybe a handful of rolled oats! About 400cal worth of breakfast - less if you omit the oats (which I'll keep as I'm planning on having them on workout days!)
  • jofromnz
    jofromnz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hiya! We have lots of smoothies around here, my son and husband LOVE them! I usually make a banana and berry smoothie for them in the weekends. I use (for one serving) plain yoghurt (2-3 tablespoons), low fat milk (0.5 cup -1 cup), squeeze of honey, one banana and a few handfuls of berries (mainly blue berries or strawberries or s berry mix from the freezer. Super yummy and really healthy too! :)
  • giara
    giara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    100ml soya milk,100ml fage total 0% greek yogurt,80 g frozen berries,1tbsp wheat bran,1tbsp flax seed all mix together and put 1tsp organic honey.Love it.
  • DivaVampTina
    DivaVampTina Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can you post the nutrition info? :)
    100ml soya milk,100ml fage total 0% greek yogurt,80 g frozen berries,1tbsp wheat bran,1tbsp flax seed all mix together and put 1tsp organic honey.Love it.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Well done - try adding 20 g of oats to increase the slow release carbs and to reduce your blood cholesterol.

Don't forget that smoothies break down the cell walls of fruit and starches. This means that you absorb the nutrient and sugars much faster than if you had eaten the fruit or starch as a whole grain. This means that you get a feel good sugar spike and then you get the related dip that makes you have cravings.

I love bananas in smoothies.
  • giara
    Options
    Can you post the nutrition info? :)
    Protein:18.1g,Carbs:16.0g,Fat:5.6g.=200cal,but without honey
  • jchristyluv
    jchristyluv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is my morning smoothie that I love and it keeps me full until lunch time. It makes between 24-28 ounces.

2 cups of raw spinach
    1 medium Granny Smith apple
    1 frozen banana
    1 cup of vanilla almond milk (I use Silk)
    Calories: 289
    Carbs: 67
    Fat: 3
    Protein: 4
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Got this from a guy named Olly Foster, so credit to him:

A Brazilian friend of mine recently made me a milkshake made of avocado. Avocado of all things and it was absolutely incredible!

1 ripe avocado
    A handful of crushed ice
    Sweetener to taste (though my friend did use sugar, so this is a healthier alternative)
    A small cup of coconut (or try almond) milk

Seriously try it guys, its absolutely delicious and full of healthy muscle building fats!
  • Shaybug
    Shaybug Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Big Green Smoothie

1/2 frozen banana
    2/3 cup frozen fruit of choice
    1/2 cup frozen kale
    2-3 cups baby spinach
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    stevia to taste
    add water to blend

About 185ish calories, huge and delicious.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    me too!! I bought a couple of smoothie recipe books on Amazon--they have a lot of different ones. I keep all different kinds of fruit and berries in the freezer ready to throw in. Apple, pear, banana are a great combination. I also like vanilla protein powder, chocolate PB2, banana, and almond milk. Also throw in some flax seeds or chia seeds. Love my fruit smoothies!!
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    my daily post workout smoothie:
    1 banana, 4 dates, 1 apple, 30g frozen berries, a cup of skimmed milk, 1 tbls peanut butter, ground cinnamon, whey protein. cold water/ice according to consistency preference.

you can add other stuff in like vanilla extract, greek yoghurt, cocoa and other things to make a really tasty healthy smoothie.
  • giara
    Options
    [quot
    my daily post workout smoothie:
    1 banana, 4 dates, 1 apple, 30g frozen berries, a cup of skimmed milk, 1 tbls peanut butter, ground cinnamon, whey protein. cold water/ice according to consistency preference.

you can add other stuff in like vanilla extract, greek yoghurt, cocoa and other things to make a really tasty healthy smoothie.
    [/quote]much cal and sugar.not good:-(
  • snowflakeheather
    snowflakeheather Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My newest...it's like dessert.....so yummy! And for those who can't stand the thought of spinach, you honestly can't taste it. Just blend well and enjoy!

Yoplait Source Exotic Selection Yogurt - 200g
    Banana - half a medium
    Spinach (raw) - 1 cup
    Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
    Frozen unsweetened pineapple chunks - 1/2 cup
    Chia seeds - 1 tbsp
    Flax seed - 1 tbsp

Total Calories 257
    Carbs 38
    Fat 0
    Protein 14
  • kwseneca
    Options
    Diet 7up or sprite, frozen strawberries, yogurt, ice= AMAZING for barely any calories (add different amounts for your taste)

The base to all my smoothies is usually skim milk, ice, greek yogurt, and splenda. Add banana, berries, pineapple, orange, peanut butter, almonds, grapes, cuties, raisins, peanuts, walnuts, cooked oatmeal, or any combination of these! LOVE smoothies.
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    very true...but i train for 2 hours a day(more than an hour of weights/resistance), hence why i need the calories and sugar just after my workouts. even after im done, im on a deficit on most days. i suppose this shake is mainly for people who are building muscle and losing fat. you can go healthier by cutting out whatever you think is too high in sugars and cals from that list obviously and add in healthier substitutes like more berries, almond milk and so on. whatever fits your macro nutrient requirements at the end of the day i suppose :)
  • kwseneca
    Options
    You might think I'm crazy but try this smoothie. It is great for building lean muscle, and it tastes like a milkshake. Also, tons of vitamin A. :)
    1/2 ripe avocado
    1/4 cup coconut milk
    3/4 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
    1 teaspoon stevia or splenda
    1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Instead of coconut or almond milk, cows milk or soy works fine, too.
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm on a green smoothie kick right now. I came across this website with lots of yummy recipes all with nutrition information.

http://www.greenthickies.com/recipes/green-thickie-recipes/
  • chefitup123
    Options
    bump
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses so I apologize if someone responded with this but it is so good!

1 whole banana
    1/2 cup almonds
    3-4 ice cubes
    splash of yogurt if you so desire

Just enough protein and a great taste!
  • sassmo
    sassmo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump!