Healthy pizza?

Options
Does anyone have a healthy recipe on pizzabottom? Wich I can bake from regular products I have in my kitchen :)

Alot of delish toppings can be

- cottage cheese
- turkey
- tomatoes
- pineapple
- red onions
- mushrooms

Try mashed avocado on top. Super yummie

Add me as a friend :)

Replies

• Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I saw a recipe for eggplant pizza but I didnt try it. The crust is eggplant though so it is gluten free.
    Here is a similar one
    http://www.food.com/recipe/mini-eggplant-crust-pizzas-341506
  • clubsauce
    Options
    I use polenta as a crust - I pan fry thin slices with a bit of PAM cooking spray for texture and to make the polenta better support the pizza toppings. Then I add the toppings I want and bake in the oven.
  • dawngrossart
    Options
    I use tortilla wraps :)
  • cupcake_runner
    cupcake_runner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use a big portabello mushroom 'cap' and fill the rest with all of my goodies. :) super delish and filling
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Pizza is totally healthy! Our government even considers it a vegetable.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    "healthy" pizza makes me sad usually. I have yet to eat one that is satisfying.
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower crust - http://yourlighterside.com/cauliflower-pizza-crust-with-gourmet-vegetarian-toppings/

Been wanting to try this for some time, I've seen it on Pinterest over and over
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower crust - http://yourlighterside.com/cauliflower-pizza-crust-with-gourmet-vegetarian-toppings/

Been wanting to try this for some time, I've seen it on Pinterest over and over

This is one of my new favorite meals just tried this recipe last week and I'm hooked
  • hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I envy those who can stand a pizza with a non-flour crust. I've tried all there is and there is no substitute for 00 flour or even AP flour in pizza crust.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I use a big portabello mushroom 'cap' and fill the rest with all of my goodies. :) super delish and filling

That sounds really good!! :happy:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I consider almost all pizza to be healthy, with the exception of the ones with trans-fats and/or a ton of vegetable oils baked in to the crust.

OK.....not ALL pizza...I've seen deep dish pizza with pasta alfredo as a topping and ones with hotdogs baked in to the crust....but most *normal* pizzas are fairly well balanced meals of carbs, fats, and protein and can even get you a few servings of fruits and vegetables. I don't know why people are so scared of pizza- It's a staple of my diet.
  • Kaali1985
    Kaali1985 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Yum yum yum
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Fried cheese pizza crust helped me lose 115 lbs.

No joke.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

No joke.

Please tell me more about this fried cheese crust. Are you low-carb (in which case I assume we're not talking about delicious breaded mozzarella sticks) so what is it exactly?
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options

No joke.

Please tell me more about this fried cheese crust. Are you low-carb (in which case I assume we're not talking about delicious breaded mozzarella sticks) so what is it exactly?

Cover the bottom of a hot pan with a thin layer of shredded mozzarella cheese and by the time you're done adding salsa and toppings and seasoning, the crust is perfect and slides right onto your plate!

Thank God dietary fat does NOT make you fat!
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My wife and I used to order a medium or large pepperoni pizza. Now we order a small veggie lovers with ham and add on a side salad. Some things shouldn't be substituted! I went from eating 1000-1100 calories worth of pizza to 400-600 calories worth.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    You got an indian restaurant in town? Go buy you a "Naan" (NO butter added)

put on the base you like. Home made sauce (I can give you a recipe of that too at the bottom) or my fav is just some olive oil drizzled. Add toppings. I prefer tomatoes, some grilled chicken olives (green/black don't matter), some onions, some feta cheese. Add some mozerella shove it in the oven.

Don't have naan at home? No problem. Replace with vertical halves of baguette (is that how its spelled? The long french bread thats in every grocery bag of any movie)

BAM! You got a pizza!

sauce: In very little oil, saute onion and 1 whole red pepper (NOT flakes), and 1-2 garlic. After saute, add a can of tomato puree (I think its like 30 oz?). Add some balsamic vinegar and salt. Simmer for 10 minuets. Take off the heat. Add some Basil if you want. TADA! Good sauce for speghetti too or add some meatballs and make a meatball sammich.

Hulk made himself hungry :(
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I use whole wheat english muffins as crust. Sour dough ones are better but I usually need fiber.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    What makes me sad is all these crazy substitutes for real pizza crust. Never will I eat cauliflower, pita, tortilla, or anything else in replace of pizza crust. YUCK!!! It doesn't taste like pizza at all.

King Arthur Flour - Traditional Whole Wheat Flour, 2/3 cup
    King Arthur Flour - Unbleached All Purpose Flour, 2/3 cup (30g)
    Fleischmann's - Highly Active Dry Yeast, 1 tsp
    Spices - Salt, table, 2/3 tsp
    Generic - Sugar - White Granulated, pinch
    Olive Oil - Extra Virgin, 2 tsp

Total: 674 calories 116g carbs, 10g fat, 22g protein

I copied that from my recipes on this website. The whole dough has those nutrition facts, and use all of it to make a 16" pizza. Oftentimes I will make 2 smaller pizzas, about 10" each, but the dough will be thicker then. That makes each pizza crust 337 calories. And if you don't eat the entire pizza, obviously it's even less.

To make it, mix the flours, sugar, and salt in a big bowl. In a small bowl, activate the yeast in water and add the oil. Combine the 2 bowls together and knead it into a nice ball of dough. I personally like to let it sit in the bowl soaking in hot water for about an hour or so, but you don't technically have to. That's just what I was told to do earlier in life when you use yeast to make dough or bread.

I personally like to cook it for a couple of minutes after it is rolled before I add sauce and toppings to make it more crispy, but again, you don't have to. It's personal preference. If you don't, the dough might come out so tender the toppings fall off when you pick up a piece. I cook it at about 450 degrees.
  • kwseneca
    Options
    Homemade pizza is a pain. I really like Jack's frozen thin crust pizza with just cheese. It is plain, low-cal, and really a great guilty pleasure!!!!!!!!

Add pineapple, ham, peppers, mushrooms, and whatver you want on top! HALF of the pizza is only about 450 calories. That is a great binge for not a lot of calories!!!!!