shape ups

Options
Does anyone use shape ups or any kind of shoe that is similar? I think it is silly to think that wearing a different shoe can help you get into shape, but I am wondering from people who have used them their results...

Replies

• hkuiuc99
    hkuiuc99 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I had bought a pair and wore them a couple times and my legs did get sore...I didn't keep them because they ended up being too big but for the time or two that I wore them they seemed to be doing something....
  • cmb272
    cmb272 Posts: 2
    Options
    i bought them for work...i figure im walking around all day anyways might as well give em a try...love them...you can definitely feel it in your legs...if you are getting them just to walk in i would recomend the reebok ones...they are a little less ugly but do the same thing.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I was very interested in these too. All the reviews ive read and have seen in shows like Dr Oz and The Dr's said don't waste your money. I'm still curious about them though.
  • sunraec1
    sunraec1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I bought a pair and love them!! I'm walking further and longer then I ever have. You don't feel the pressure on the balls of your feet like you normally do walking. I would recommend the skechers brand..they may not be the prettiest shoe around but the benefits are well worth it
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That is good to know! My aunt sells Avon and they have a pair in there. I am thinking maybe Bali (?) and was thinking of trying them out because they were expensive and I was skeptical if those type of shoes really did anything or not.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'll be a naysayer here. Save your money and spend a few minutes every day or so to perform some lunges, step-ups, squats, deadlifts, jumproping, etc. You'll feel even better than wearing these shoes and your checking account will thank you.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Okay -- I'm the poster girl for ShapeUps -- I have 4 pairs (yeah, I'm nuts). I think the amount of "extra" shaping they do is probably minimal, but here's the reason I have 4 pairs: they are, without any doubt THE MOST COMFORTABLE SHOES I HAVE EVER HAD!!! One of my difficulties in getting fit has been the fact that I have agonizing foot pain. I've struggled with pronation, plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, and just plain sore feet. As I've gained weight that has gotten worse and worse. I tried on a pair of Skechers ShapeUps in the store on a lark and I felt as though I had been sent to foot heaven. I am now able to be on my feet hours, walked around Disneyworld for a week without difficulty, and go walking on my lunch hour daily. These shoes have changed my life. They are like walking on a cloud and are the single reason I am able to make a change in my lifestyle.
    One note for anyone else whose feet pronate: I do need to use a flexible (but firm) arch support inside the shoes to keep from pronating. The soles are very cushy and if you to lean in one way or the other they will happily go with you without them.
  • laura_lulu_143
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips. Something to think about...
  • laura_lulu_143
    Options
    knittygirl- good for you! I am happy you found something that has changed your life. I may need to try a pair out.
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have some Fit Flops, bought in Nordstrom in Denver but I presume available elsewhere. I can not say that they have given me a supermodel body (sigh) but I agree with the previous post that they are super-comfortable and are great for walking reasonable distances. I wear mine all the time!