I had 1,157 calories for breakfast

Options
Leigh14
Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
You might be asking ... why is this a success? I only get 1,210 calories per day before exercise! :explode:

But, here's why:

I went a little over my calorie allotment for the morning. Okay ... WAY over. :embarassed:

But, I'm okay with it. A year ago, this would have been normal. I would have gained weight. I would have had 1,157 calories for lunch and 1,157 calories for dinner.

Today, I am working out at lunch, mowing the lawn after dinner and burning around 850 calories. I will have eaten around 1600-1700 calories by the end of today and will still have 300-400 calories left over!

Today, I won't quit my "diet" because I overdid it at breakfast. It's not a "diet" anymore and after my little (okay, okay ... BIG) slip-up, I'm getting right back on this lifestyle horse!

THAT is why my 1,157 calorie breakfast is a success. :wink:

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Great Attitude!!!!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i admire people like u.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Exactly how I feel!! Last week, I had 935 calories of nothing but donuts for breakfast... but once I put in my work out, I ate healthy the rest of the day, I had some left over!! AND I didn't gain anything. :happy: You have the perfect attitude for this. This is a lifestyle change and one slip up is NOT going to ruin your efforts.
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    Good for you!!!! You have a wonderful attitude, and it will definitely pay off! :flowerforyou:
  • hapemopirate
    hapemopirate Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    GET IT GIRL!!!
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    its great when you can think ahead of what exercise you will do later in the day, that will use up those extra calorie you had this morning. i only tend to think later in the day as to what i have eaten and then need to workout for it then, sometimes then too tired to do any exercise - need to get more motivated!!

what did you have for breakfast that was worth that amount?

Well done on your weight loss, keep it up
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    Wow, way to switch your thinking and turn this into a positive....Good for you!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    woo-hoo! that's the spirit! yay for you!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Look at you!! I might just have to find some more time in my day to follow your example :flowerforyou:
  • bekah1301
    bekah1301 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great way of looking at it!! :)
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Really good attitude!
  • Always_lil_j
    Options
    Thats an awesome attitude to have. Keep it up!
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Exactly how I feel!! Last week, I had 935 calories of nothing but donuts for breakfast... but once I put in my work out, I ate healthy the rest of the day, I had some left over!! AND I didn't gain anything. :happy: You have the perfect attitude for this. This is a lifestyle change and one slip up is NOT going to ruin your efforts.

YOu both have the right attitude!!!
  • lelesmama
    lelesmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! I have been unable to turn my attitude around if I blow it at any point during the day. I just may have to come back and re-read this post to get inspiration!!!
  • brookiedawn
    Options
    What a good attitude you have!
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'ma!!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!!!! :flowerforyou: Attitude really does make the difference. I used to get SO upset with myself after doing something like this and then I would just completely blow the entire day by eating more bad stuff!

And, to the person who asked what I had... lol ... wellllll... I had my typical breakfast (around 350 calories), then I gave in to the temptation of cupcakes and ice cream. That added up SO quickly. And, looking back at it, it wasn't even really that good. It was "light" ice cream to boot! :explode: :laugh: To top it off ... I had a piece of Helluva Good Cheese (it's a real brand! LOL!). When I got to work, I added up all my cals and ... whew! What a breakfast! I ate around 7 a.m., it's almost noon and my stomach is still icky.

Here's to a healthy rest of the day!!!! :drinker:
  • kmarti
    kmarti Posts: 5
    Options
    That is so awesome! I used to do the same thing but worse...instead of blowing of the rest of the day I'd blow off the rest of the week! I'm doing much better now and think a lot more before I eat something. It's paying off so far! Congrats on changing your way of thinking!
  • simplykim419
    simplykim419 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on turning this into a positive. It helped me a lot as I ate McDonalds for lunch and forgot to tell them to hold the mayo on my chicken sandwich. So I looked through my fridge and planned out the remainder of my day based on the 360 calories I have left, knowing I will not have time for exercise today.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I am always happy to see when someone can stumble, and immediately pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again! I say never wait to say "I'll start over again in the morning," because why waste half of the day? Way to go, and here's to smart choices!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!