One day of not counting one meal

Options
Does anyone do this? Sometimes I have to...to give my mind a break, even if it's not the healthiest of choices. I just watch my portions and drink lots of water. I think I'm going to do that tonight. I'll be working out tomorrow, too.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Doing a weekly cheat meal is fine. Maintain a weekly deficit and you'll lose weight. Maybe still log it just so you know what your weekly deficit is.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Doing a weekly cheat meal is fine. Maintain a weekly deficit and you'll lose weight. Maybe still log it just so you know what your weekly deficit is.

too late lol its already in the oven for later tonight. meaning i cannot weigh anything. plus, i dont want to be on this deficit for too long again. Remember my goals.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Then I wouldn't worry about it. The only reason for logging it would be to see what your deficit/surplus for the week is.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Weigh the plate without anything on it. (you can often "zero out" digital scales with something on them like this)

Then put the cooked meal on it.

Weigh it and subtract the amount the plate weighs.

Estimate the amounts of each individual item on it. Log it as a "Guess-timate". It won't be exact at all, but it'll be a rough idea.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yep! Done it yesterday and it felt great.

It is only one day, no one is going to pig out THAT much to do damage (and if you aren't sure, log anyway)

but I know I will still be reasonably ok - I watch what I eat but not to as much an extent, do not log, and start fresh the next day. It will drive you insane to be meticulous every single day, at least that's my opinion, everyone needs to actually live once in a while.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yep! Done it yesterday and it felt great.

It is only one day, no one is going to pig out THAT much to do damage (and if you aren't sure, log anyway)

but I know I will still be reasonably ok - I watch what I eat but not to as much an extent, do not log, and start fresh the next day. It will drive you insane to be meticulous every single day, at least that's my opinion, everyone needs to actually live once in a while.

This is my thinking, too. I'm a person who needs it I think. At least one day.

And by knowing what I have to spend before eating dinner, I at least know what i have to work with. i'm guessing tonight, I'll be a tad over fat, have maybe around 100 cals left over, maybe 200 something, a reasonable amount of carbs left over, protein high. sodium may be a bit high this meal, but tomorrow is a new day.
  • leahj4
    leahj4 Posts: 7
    Options
    I feel like I have to do this, at least once a week for myself (which maybe why ill loose then gain it back) idk,,,im fine through the work week, but then the weekend comes and I feel like I have to reward myself. does everyone just count with MFP? if not what other ways are there?