Success with Zumba for the Wii?

Options
gbatey78
gbatey78 Posts: 21 Member
Hi All,

I just wondered if anyone has lost weight through using Zumba for the Wii? I bought it last Sunday, had a go at the tutorials and thought I would never get used to it but had another go last night at the beginners section and although I enjoyed it I thought I was going to pass out as I was so out of breath-and I thought I was fairly fit!

I'm going to keep on with it as I do have a lot of weight to lose and this I really enjoyed but wondered if anyone has actually improved fitness/lost weight with doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Gill

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba 3 and do it most days of the week and love it.. between that lifting weights almost 30lbs down..
  • gbatey78
    Options
    Wow thats great! How long has it taken you to reach 30lbs down if you don't mind me asking?
  • ShoshanahM
    ShoshanahM Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have Kinect for Xbox, and so far, I've been doing Just Dance 4, which has a "Just Sweat" mode. In this mode, it gives you a higher intensity set of exercises, then it gives you a song, back and forth until you reach your chosen time (12, 25 or 45 min). I've been using this on the days that I don't run, and if I could just judge by how much I sweat, I would say it's a good workout.

I'd like to get a Zumba game too--the actual, in-person classes can be pretty intense, so I'm sure the game is challenging too.
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    It isn't much but I'm 5 pounds down primarily with zumba for wii and calorie counting. I have Zumba Core and Zumba 2. I'm doing Zumba Core now (worked myself up to a full-length class yesterday (woot!), and I haven't done much with Zumba 2 yet (I'll get there).
  • gbatey78
    Options
    Thanks ladies; any more feedback greatfully recvd!
  • butterflyqueen1984
    butterflyqueen1984 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I did the zumba classes (not through the wii) and it was pretty intense but amazing! I don't know what the wii one is like but if it is anything like the actual classes you will do great. The classes use to run for an hr non stop and it was great fun!
  • squinz
    squinz Posts: 136
    Options
    I've got Zumba 2 for the Wii. I really like it, when I can be bothered to set it all up and it's just as effective as a live class. But nothing for me beats going to an actual class. I think you need the space to do it properly (and I don't) and sometimes the movements not as clear as I would like.
  • ClareOH
    ClareOH Posts: 40
    Options
    I have zumba, zumba 2 and zumba core for the wii and i LOVE them! I wear my hrm and roughly an hour burns 400cals for me. I am very impatient so skipped the tutorials and threw myself into it and after a few times i picked the routines up fairly easily! Keep at it, its great fun :happy:
  • babydaisy83
    babydaisy83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes and yes it works. I started a little after thanksgiving and even though I'm only down a few pounds I'm down in inches off my belly. Which for me is so much better. I have Zumba core and at first could nt get through one song and am now rocking thru 12 (I like the custom optn so I pick my fave songs). It has gotten easier so I also tighten my core during most routines. 5 days a week faithfully. Niw I'm looking into something more intense like turbo fire.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 3 and just got Zumba Core three weeks ago. I'm using Zumba Core in conjunction with 30 day shred, but using Zumba more than the later. I've dropped 5 lbs and 2" in 14 days.
  • monietrojan
    monietrojan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight and inches courtesy of Zumba 2. I do a short class (runs between 18-21 minutes) every morning and another wii exercise in the evening.
  • karflowers
    Options
    I have been doing the Zumba Core at home. I totally enjoy the classes, however, due to my pressing schedule (teacher, mom, grad student) I had a hard time going to them. With the Wii game I can find the time that best works for me. And take it from me, Zumba works. Maybe you won't see it so much on the scale (my experience), but you definitely will see it in your measurements and jeans!

The Wii version is as intense as the classes I took and I generally do a medium class at high intensity and I sweat! On days I just don't have time, I do the short (20-minute) class at med/high intensity and can burn about 250-300 calories.

Enjoy!
  • 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love love love Zumba!! I used to do zumba on the wii but got zumba exhilarate for christamas and I enjoy it so much better. I definately toned with the zumba wii but with the DVD videos I feel I push myself harder and have lost 4lbs. But any way you can zumba is a good way:wink:
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I use Kinect, but I have the Zumba game and Dance Central, with my Bodymedia (Bodybugg) I usually get a burn of about 10 calories a minute which is a great aerobic workout :)
  • sjanney007
    Options
    Although nothing compares to going to an actual Zumba class and rocking it out with your girlfriends...Zumba for the Wii is great.. Once you learn the moves and are able to add your own flavor to it...you can burn some major calories. Such a fun and beneficial workout! I'll be a Zumba girl for life!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!