Body Media Band, does anyone use it?

Options
Does anyone use the bodymedia band? The website looks amazing, and it is used by the biggest loser contestants. I am thinking of buying it, but would like to see if it really works. It is at www.bodymedia.com

Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

Replies

• sheilapie
    sheilapie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    hi susan,
    i have a bodybugg and the digital display. ive been thinking of selling both of them.. anyway, i have used it in the past, and it is awesome. it really does work. handy gadget to have, unfortunately i felt like it was a bit bulky on my upper arm, but that might have just been me.. also, i know that with these bodymedia bands you have to have a yearly subscription or go month to month to access the website and use the tools on it. it is a cool device, i ended up switching to the fitbit ultra because its so much smaller and fits in my jeans pocket. hope this helps!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have a bodymedia device and I love it. It is the link one :)
    I have had it about a week now and have been thrilled :)
    It does require a 7 dollar monthly subscription though. It doesn't bother me, but there have been reports of people not knowing.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Use it, love it! And i see they are on sale.

I was unsure about linking mine to MFP, but I am happy I did.

The 6 bucks a month is well worth it to me. first 3 months were free, still think it's like that.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it. I actually wear mine tucked into the side band of my bra instead of on my arm. I find it very helpful and love that it syncs with MFP now.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    i have the bodymedia fit core. i think it's useful and completely useless at the same time. it's useful if you think that your lifestyle is different than what is projected or if you are really into eating back your calories. it's also useful in terms of tracking your walking, etc - but that can all be done with a cheapo pedometer.

Beyond that, it provides a ton of information and it's really not clear (not by the bodymedia website or anyone else), how to use that information to your advantage. Are you going to seriously alter your behavior because you found out you woke up for 45mins in the middle of the night? I shelved mine last summer because it wasn't really doing anything that I found to be helpful or life changing.

I started using it again, today, so I can make sure I have an accurate measure of my TDEE. I'll use it for maybe a month (or use up the free 3 months), then will likely sell it before I have to pay the $7/month subscription price.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Body Media Fit link since mid-November. I like it and don't even notice it on my arm for the most part. I actually have to be sure to check that I DON'T have it on when I get into the shower. I like the data that I get from it and I've had three weeks that I've been really good about wearing it and tracking what I eat through MFP. All three weeks I averaged roughly a 500 calorie deficit per day and lost 1, .8, and 1.2 for each of the weeks. Other weeks I didn't track the best. For the most part, I'd say it is pretty spot on for me. But like any tool, it is only as good as how you use it. Consistency is key with it as it is with most things weight loss. The BMF won't make you lose weight, but it will help you make the necessary adjustments in activity and calorie intake if necessary.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    They have a new version coming out soon if you are looking for something a little more "stylish". The bulkier one doesn't bother me because I have fat arms and don't wear short sleeves anyway. http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/06/bodymedia-launches-beefed-up-health-tracking-system-for-your-arm/

They do have another core version currently that is much smaller. It is a $7 per month investment but it tracks calories burned, steps, and sleep and since it's now an App you can connect with MFP it will put your exercise right in your exercise for you and transfer your MFP food to the bodymedia site. http://www.bodymedia.com/Shop/Hot-Deals

It has been a great way for me to stay on top of things and keeps me current on where I am with my steps, exercise, etc. I love it :-) I do wish I would have purchased the link version so it would automatically update to my phone but I have one of the displays and that does a good job of telling me where I'm at during the day.

I also have figured out when I'm not getting enough sleep I also don't lose as much weight so the sleep data is helpful to me because I didn't know how little sleep I was getting some nights.
  • ILOVEFWANKWIN
    Options
    I just got mine, and its a neat little tool. I got it from Home Shopping Network on a Flex pay. Makes it a little easier to afford it, and I got 6 months free. If you do a little looking around, I also found a $20 off coupon making it about $86 with tax. Just a suggestion :)
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    the new one comes out in august - if you can wait, do, but if you can't, then get the link! i love mine. it was bulky at first but now i can't even feel it. :)
  • sleepygirl17
    Options
    I have one and I really like it. I found that MFP was over estimating my calories on the elliptical, but underestimating the calories I burn when I run. It's definitely worth it to me. I love that I can sync is with MFP and I feel like I'm getting a more accurate representation of what I'm doing.
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I really like mine. I have the Bodymedia core armband. I like being able to see my TDEE with the digital display that came with it. I use to have the bodybugg but I really like the bodymedia website a lot better and the fact that it syncs with MFP is a HUGE plus for me. With the bodybugg website I use to spend an hour or more just trying to log my food. It wasn't very user friendly.
  • rhonda1984
    rhonda1984 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    looking into buying a bodymedia, however can someone please tell me the difference in them. I don't know wich one would be the best to buy.
  • rhonda1984
    rhonda1984 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    can you tell me where they are on sale at?