Only week 3 and no loss

hi I had a good two weeks. Lost 4lbs but this week no loss and can't seem to shift the need today crap. Wanted to give up. Help pls xx

Replies

• whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    What are your calorie goals for a typical day?
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you lose. Other weeks you stay the same. And the worst weeks - you gain. All this can happen without cheating on your diet or workout plan. Honestly, you just have to do the right things to the best of your ability and hang in there.
  • Frostygirl2790
    Frostygirl2790 Posts: 65 Member
    WE did not gain the weight overnight, so taking it off is the same. Hang in there and focus on the little things.
  • whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    If you feel like you want to give up maybe you are not eating enough. Check out these groups for more information:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8017-in-place-of-a-road-map

And don't give up! Just try to find what is going to work for you and your life. It may take a little bit of time but you can do this!
  • i was gonna say basically the same that was posted, if you eat to few calories you body will hold on to the energy stores (fat) maybe you need a zig zag cal.plan. and try not to get hung up on lbs lost. if your exercising than u r building muscle and as we all have heard muscle weighs more than fat, also if you can lower your stress levels you will lower your cortisol levels and it will make your body not hold on to fat. and good luck dont give up on your goals, you are gonna beat this!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Do not give up!!! It takes time! Took me 10 months to reach my goals and I had my share of bad days/weeks.... just stick to the plan mfp has given u. Make sure u at least eat 1200 cals per day and if u r working out regularly eat a bit more...like 1350-1500 cals per day.. keep your sodium in check drink your water n chose fresh fruits n veggies everyday! U can do it!!
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    . To lose weight you have to create a 1000 calorie per day deficit. If you go over, work it off.

Wtf

Lies.....

Utter nonsense
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    3 weeks is not enough time, I know it is frustrating though. Open up your diary to get advice, drink lots of water, eat well, track everything, get exercise an stick with the plan. It works, just read the success stories.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Stay Focused & Don't Give Up! We're all here because we're struggling just like you. Within a short time of me starting on here I lost 11 lbs. YEA I felt great! Then I gained a couple, then lost, then stayed the same for a few weeks. Give Yourself Time to adjust to changes. Hang in there & don't quit...we're here for you & I like to think we're here for each other. :happy:
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    You can do it don't give up it won't come off overnight
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Three weeks is minscule in the long run. This isn't a race, it's a journey. You WILL have bad days. You will have weeks where you don't lose - but guess what? You didn't gain, either!

Someone said this isn't linear - it's so true. Your body is adjusting to your new nutrition regimen and if you're not eating enough, it's going to hold on to the weight.

I had a bad weekend this weekend and instead of beating myself up for falling (wayyyyyy) off the wagon :bigsmile: - I'm going to start fresh and get back on track. No biggie. I didn't gain this weight overnight and I am absolutely not going to change those bad habits overnight.

Give yourself some slack. Check your diary too see where you can make adjustments. For me, I know I have to cut back on carbs - BIG TIME. They are my weakness and they tend to make me feel very bloated and slow me down. But I love them :heart: - :tongue:

I can't completely eliminate them from my diet because that isn't realistic - but I can find ways to replace them with other things...

Keep reaching out to the group - there are so many others that either have been or are in your shoes!
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member

That is awesome...thanks for posting. I just snagged and put in my photos to print later. I like another one that says 'A year from now youll wish you started today.' I have it posted in my logging book I carry with me for motivation and inspiration.
  • foundlove2015
    foundlove2015 Posts: 2 Member
    I've been feeling down about no changes too. Started water aerobics 2 weeks ago, I go twice a week and work my butt off when I go. I watch my caloric intake, drink 8-10 cups of water a day, stopped eating at night or at least cut down. I realize that I should be adding more exercise to my program... I hear stories of some ppl who say "oh, I just had to stop drinking soda and it fell off". I don't drink soda, don't add salt to my foods, portion control, and follow a heart healthy diet (heart issues in family) and my body just fights me every step of the way. I have to kill myself to lose a pound. I know weight loss doesn't come from sitting on the couch but when you hear others who say, oh all I had to do was stop drinking soda, it makes you resentfull. if that's all I had to do, I'd be in good shape! haha..
    On a lighter note, going away the middle of March with my husband and two best friends... She looks fantastic in a bikini and my goal is just to lose at least 10 lbs by then. How much does anyone figure I could lose in 8 weeks?
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    I'm on week 4 and I haven't had any loss at all. I'm not really expecting to right away. Last time I did this I worked really hard to lose weight for 8 weeks to get in shape for a cruise I was going on. Oddly enough I did lose body fat and lost inches, and looked pretty decent in a bikini...but the scale didn't move. When I went on the cruise I did manage to get a couple workouts in and ate whatever I wanted (well in reason), but didn't stress about it.

I came home 6lbs lighter. It was only a 4 day cruise. Go figure.

I've given up on the 0.5-1.0 lb per week loss. I just don't lose weight like that.
  • mitatailor
    mitatailor Posts: 28 Member
    I know I need to work out. but really shattered after a 12 hr or more day at work. two babies under the age of 3. breastfeeding morning and night. house to sort...meals to prepare...i get on my stepper, but really want to feel that motivation to exercise...
    this week could be due to time of the month soon ...?