what is a good juicer that you would recommend.

Options
Vercell
Vercell Posts: 437 Member
I just wanted to start juicing but I been looking up which one to buy and there are so many and not all good reviews. Just wanted to no if any one has one and it really breaks everything down . I had one in the past but it did not break everything down.

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    my jack la lanne lasted a loooooong time. (we only threw it out when we got the montel williams thingamabob and had no counter space for both. we never use the montel one gotta dust that one off...it makes a yummy raw broccoli soup. )

used the jack la lanne a lot though. ..wish we had it back....sigh.
  • dub73
    dub73 Posts: 70
    Options
    Vitamix. QVC.com. It is expensive, but sometimes they have it on easy pay where you can break down the payments.
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Don't get a juicer get a awesome blender this way you can reap benefits of all that great fiber in fruits/veggies rather than just throwing it out. Just my 2 cents. Vitamix is a high performance blender, it's expensive but worth the $$ if you want to splurge. I have a Nutribullet and it does a wonderful job at blending everything smooth for fraction of the price.
  • zorreena
    zorreena Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love my omega 8004 juicer. I like to make green lemonade with kale and wheatgrass. I use a Tribest blender for smoothies. The Tribest blender I have works with mason jars so its great because I can make individual smoothies for my whole family. My kids live it because they can make their own. I had a bigger high powered blender but I hated using it so it just collected dust.
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Omega
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE
  • crazybonnie
    Options
    Hello!

I started juicing a couple of weeks ago (I love orange juice - altough it takes time to cut the oranges and my fingers hurt from time to time). After I read a lot of juicer reviews on various websites - like this one ( http://www.juicerreviewsdeals.com/ ) I found out there are tons of juicers, some cheap (yet powerful for beginners), some more expensive (fast) for heavy juicers.

My all in all favorite is of course Breville (or other centrifugal juicers) because it juices fast. After I spend 10-15 minutes cutting oranges I don't have time to spend another 15 minutes masticating the fruits in a masticating juicer.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I just bought a jack lalane one but i haven't tried it yet. can't wait :)
  • cleanjerksnatch
    Options
    Jack Lalanne.

I really enjoy the vitamix blender. I like the speed knob.
  • cleanjerksnatch
    Options
    Hello!

I started juicing a couple of weeks ago (I love orange juice - altough it takes time to cut the oranges and my fingers hurt from time to time). After I read a lot of juicer reviews on various websites - like this one ( http://www.juicerreviewsdeals.com/ ) I found out there are tons of juicers, some cheap (yet powerful for beginners), some more expensive (fast) for heavy juicers.

My all in all favorite is of course Breville (or other centrifugal juicers) because it juices fast. After I spend 10-15 minutes cutting oranges I don't have time to spend another 15 minutes masticating the fruits in a masticating juicer.

Excellent work. I am a big fan of juicing, its fun but most importantly healthy.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to start juicing but I been looking up which one to buy and there are so many and not all good reviews. Just wanted to no if any one has one and it really breaks everything down . I had one in the past but it did not break everything down.

You should watch the movie Fat, Tired and Nearly Dead. Its about a guy that goes on a Juicing detox for 60 days. Its on Netflix
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    One vote for the vitamix. It is awesome. My sister has a blendtech that she really likes too.
  • MrGuitarDude
    Options
    Anything Breville will last for you. Also look at getting a blender for green smoothies on top of the juicing. And yeah, that infomercial Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead is pretty awesome. Got me into juicing. I dropped it shortly after for green smoothies, but still juice once a month or so.

Masticating for greens. Centrifugal for the other stuff