Wich proteinpowder should I buy?

Options
Hi! I am going to buy protein powder. I want it to taste good (I am going to buy something like vanilla and chocolate/mocca)
My goal is to LOOSE weight, so I am not using it to gain. What type should i buy? What is your experiences with it? :D

Replies

• Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Which wich?

Syntrax Nectar Sweets wich!
  • yellowlabmom3
    Options
    I use mint chocolate chip by matrix. It's hard to fine good tasting ones by think gnc let's you return products you don't like.
  • keithjleslie
    keithjleslie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Depending on your plan, you may want to consider some low carb options. They all taste different so you will likely have to try several brands. If you go to Vitamin Shoppe they usually have some samples either for free or a small fee. They also have a number of Ready To Drink (RTD) options in their cooler that you can buy in single cans/cartons before making a big investment. Most protein powders are a bit pricey so whenever you can taste them before you buy its a good idea.

Personally I like 100% Whey Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate, the Iso-Ology and Whey-Ology brands (available online) are very good nutritionally and very tasty (really liked the Cinnamon Bun). For RTDs the Ulitmate Flurry are about the best tasting protein drinks I have found it almost feels like you should get in trouble for drinking them. Its a good idea to have chocolate and vanilla around as you will likely get sick of drinking one or the other and this would allow you to switch.

I would also recommend buying the smallest containers you can until you find what you love (and you will probably get sick of those too).
  • DeanBurrows
    DeanBurrows Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just buy a low carb Protein shake if you are struggling to hit your minimum Protein requirement such as PHD Pharma Whey H+

Gold Standard are good for flavours also.
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    I just bought PlantFusion which contains:
    No Dairy
    No Soy
    No Eggs
    No Wheat
    No Peanuts
    No Tree Nuts
    No Fish
    No Shellfish

and has 21g of protein per scoop.
    I haven't yet received it yet, so I can't vouch for the taste, but I've seen many positive reviews for the product :)
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I get tired of chocolate and vanilla all the time. To mix things up, I like the Syntrax Nectar Lemonade and Fuzzy Navel. You can mix with Crystal Light to boost the flavor!!
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein Vanilla was not great. I am going to give my container to the friend who recommended it.