UGH, men...

Options
(No offense to the guys!)

I just need to vent. Yesterday was me and my fiances 4 year anniversary and we were supposed to go out for supper. Well he didn't get home from work until like 8, so by the time we got to the Olive Garden it was 9 :noway: .. He insisted that we still go eat, even though it was almost my bedtime... Not only did I eat a lot of crap I shouldn't have, he ordered me tiramisu, which is my favorite dessert. After all was said and done, I wanted to throw up because I was so stuffed :sick: .. Then he has the nerve to say to me, "Well if you knew you were going to feel bad why did you eat it?" :noway: :noway: :noway:
:mad: YOU TOOK ME TO MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT AND THEN ORDERED MY FAVORITE DESSERT WITHOUT ASKING!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME NOT TO EAT IT ONCE ITS IN FRONT OF MY FACE!!!!!!!!!!??????????? :explode:

OMG! Sorry... I really needed to get that out. :embarassed:

Replies

• Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    (No offense to the guys!)

I just need to vent. Yesterday was me and my fiances 4 year anniversary and we were supposed to go out for supper. Well he didn't get home from work until like 8, so by the time we got to the Olive Garden it was 9 :noway: .. He insisted that we still go eat, even though it was almost my bedtime... Not only did I eat a lot of crap I shouldn't have, he ordered me tiramisu, which is my favorite dessert. After all was said and done, I wanted to throw up because I was so stuffed :sick: .. Then he has the nerve to say to me, "Well if you knew you were going to feel bad why did you eat it?" :noway: :noway: :noway:
    :mad: YOU TOOK ME TO MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT AND THEN ORDERED MY FAVORITE DESSERT WITHOUT ASKING!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME NOT TO EAT IT ONCE ITS IN FRONT OF MY FACE!!!!!!!!!!??????????? :explode:

OMG! Sorry... I really needed to get that out. :embarassed:
  • jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    that is pretty funny. look at the bright side - he didn't forget!
  • sweetandstormy
    Options
    Boys are so stupid.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I appologies for all fo man kind...
    I know not everyone can be as awesome as me and for that i'm sorry.
  • Jenna423
    Options

I pretty much told him 10 times the week before... lol... guess what, I didn't get anything besides a fatty dinner! :noway: Not even a card. :grumble:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options

I pretty much told him 10 times the week before... lol... guess what, I didn't get anything besides a fatty dinner! :noway: Not even a card. :grumble:

And 4 years of relationship :wink:

He didn't forget, and I mean it was a special day. He even remembered your favorite dessert! Just write off the evening as a cheat night and keep on going!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Exactly!!

Just work it off today and enjoy the fact that you have a great and loving man....most men woulda either forgotten.....or well, gone to Mckie D's.

Gotta enjoy the good times! :flowerforyou:
  • Jenna423
    Options

He didn't forget, and I mean it was a special day. He even remembered your favorite dessert! Just write off the evening as a cheat night and keep on going!

Yeah, these past 4 years feels like 40. :laugh:
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options

Yeah, these past 4 years feels like 40. :laugh:

LOL, oh man, and you're not even married yet!!!! :laugh:
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options

This put a huge smile on my face!! :tongue:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I wish he had bought *me* tiramisu....:cry:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    lol
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    ahh, double posted... hmmm what to say in this free space... ummm

na, can't think of anything
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

Its a date J.:flowerforyou: :love: :blushing: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

Its a date J.:flowerforyou: :love: :blushing: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Welp. Being bought tiramisu by a large harry fellow from Illinois with a bicep fetish....My life's dream is about to be fullfilled...(I'm amazed by just how *perfect* everything is....) :blushing: :love: :blushing:
  • Jenna423
    Options

Welp. Being bought tiramisu by a large harry fellow from Illinois with a bicep fetish....My life's dream is about to be fullfilled...(I'm amazed by just how *perfect* everything is....) :blushing: :love: :blushing:

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You guys are too funny. Work would be so boring without you! :smooched:
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Why stress on special occasions? I agree it was insensitive for him to say "well if you knew you'd feel this way....." Men put their foot in their mouth a lot, and don't mean it in a negative way.

My boyfriend has crushed me in the past with things he's said. And when I explain why they're hurtful, he understands, but he really DIDN'T mean it that way.. or didn't realize the repricussions. (I can't spell that word!)

Anyway, every once in a while, let loose! Enjoy your fiancee and remember why you are together--and planing a wedding!

My BF had his 40th last week and we went on a weekend away, saw a concert, and had an expensive dinner out. I savored every bite of teh 10oz NY steak smothered in mushroom/brandy/cream sauce, the loaded baked potato and the salad with blue cheese, adn the bottle of wine we shared.

Yeah, the next day I ran and pushed myself a little harder, and yes, I didn't lose any weight this week, but ....

I love him. and i loved dinner, and sometimes a perfect night is worth the extra calories (as long as it isn't too often)

Still, ordering dessert without you asking, was maybe a bone-head move on his part, but was maybe a romantic move. He wanted you to have what you love, and wanted you to not have to stress bout "should I, or shouldnt' I" ordering it.. He was thinking of you. Appreciate it for what it is.

(easier said than done. A few weeks ago I actually cried some real tears when my BF brought home almost an entire loaf of "leftover" garlic bread his mom had made when he had dinner with his family the other night..I was having a down day after not losing any weight and got all mad at him, accusing him of not being supportive of my diet as he knows I LOVE bread, and have very little willpower when something's in front of me. He threw it all in the garbage, and then I felt extra guilty, for wasting food! Sometimes you just can't win when you're a guy! We girls can be soo emotional and complicated!)

Good luck on your weight loss, and on teaching your guy to be more sensitive to the challenges that come with dieting. But please, try to remember to take time for yourself and him. and Enjoy your love. Date, have fun.. just everything in moderation!

well not everything...

"Laugh and Love with passion, everything else in moderation"
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Boys are so stupid.

and thats why we should throw rocks at them :devil: :bigsmile:
  • SThayer
    SThayer Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about splurging, it's good for the soul AND it was for a good reason. Happy 4th. And just remember, men ar men and always have the ability to say and do the wrong things at the wrong time. We has women have to try to understand the poor souls and forgive them when they transgress. :-)