Options

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
  • adventure_em
    adventure_em Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks! JC Penny also seems to have some supportive, inexpensive bras my size, but not beyond DDD. Sorry other gals :(
  • gottalose55
    gottalose55 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    moving comfort. Found one a year ago and went out and bought several more. It's the only one I buy now.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I went to bravissimo for mine. I'm now a 34" JJ I used to be a 38K and they don't break the bank either
  • Oh_Cat
    Oh_Cat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    34D here. I just wear two cheap ones at the same time, layered :blushing:
  • cheangela1
    Options
    Moving Comfort offers a bra called the Juno. I'm anywhere from a DD to an E and my Juno never fails me. Only problem is, order a band size up. Most of my bras are 34 or 36, but in the Juno I'm a 38.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Thank you, ladies. Now I don't feel so bad about rocking these DDs.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    somewhere between a 32/34 H/I here. enell and shock absorbers are the only ones i wear for high impact.

but i recently heard from another F+ sized lady that Panache's high impact bra is good too. I'll be giving that one a try next.

Also I'd advise the OP to stay away from moving comfort. moving comfort only goes up to DD (the OP stated she was F!). So even if you can squeeze the girls in there. the straps are not made to handle that size which means they will cut into skin.
  • luthage
    luthage Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lily of France sports bras are great if you are on a budget. Under wire + sized by bra size.
  • Indyimp
    Indyimp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I had never found a suitable one in my size (or any, for that matter) until I found a wonderful sports bra by Enell on biggerbras.com! I was amazed at the fit and support. It was kind of expensive, but totally worth it! Their sizing is a little odd. They go by #s 1-7. Like, my 40 M = a 6. I think they have a chart to help you with sizing. Good luck!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    If at all possible try them before buying (not always easy if there is not much choice locally). Failing that, check the returns policy and buy a few different sizes. I find going down a cup size from my usual bra size works for me and really keeps everything in place!
  • ajhatkin
    ajhatkin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had tried a number of brands and wasn't happy with any until I found "Anita". I don't remember the model name, but the brand is Anita.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I had tried a number of brands and wasn't happy with any until I found "Anita". I don't remember the model name, but the brand is Anita.

I also use the Anita Women's Extreme Control Bra made for women with large busts (I'm a H cup).

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Anita-Womens-Extreme-Control-Sport/dp/B00284B72G/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358789117&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=anita+compression+bra

I've also tried the Enell bra, but the fit is not as precise, so you just have to get the smallest size you can cram into. When I am doing something really high impact, I wear the two bras layered one over the other for max support.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Also, the Anita is breathable and wicking of moisture... which I must prefer to the Enell with is two thick panels of smothering, suffocating satin! UGH!!! I find it way too hot... whereas I find the Anita cool and comfy. I'm a 38H.

http://www.amazon.com/Anita-Womens-Extreme-Control-Sport/dp/B00284B72G/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358789117&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=anita+compression+bra
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36F. Panache Full-Bust Underwire. I love this one.
    http://www.herroom.com/panache-5021-full-busted-underwire-sports-bra.shtml
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    My problem is finding on that is under $60. Do any of you have suggestions (36D here)? I tried targets version of an encapsulation bra, but it was awful.

^^^ This. I can't pay $60 for a damn sports bra. I've been wearing 34Ds, but I strongly suspect it's more like 32. *SIGH* :frown:
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    For the less expensive brands I've like champion.
  • gooddrlaura
    Options
    check out www.junonia.com exercise clothing for women size 14 and above.
    Any bra for full busted women is going to cost some $$$
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm not nursing anymore, but my favorite one is still the Bravado nursing sport bra. Wore it just the other night on the elliptical, and it was like nothing was moving, it didn't ride up the back, and is super comfy. I think it was somewhere around $30. (I'm a 38F)

Also, I've found amazing deals and great bras for the larger ladies on www.figleaves.com. Sometimes you find something just right, sometimes not (inventory changes frequently), but I've found some of my favorite bras on there!